Will County P25 bandplan

N9JIG

Sheriff
It is a standard P25 700/800 MHz. system so no bandplan is needed for any Phase 2 capable scanner.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
If you are legitimately programming a radio on the system that should be provided by the system admin.. But since you are asking here It's a bet you are using a radios to NAS the system. That is frowned up on here

Bri112233445

Feed Provider
If you are legitimately programming a radio on the system that should be provided by the system admin.. But since you are asking here It's a bet you are using a radios to NAS the system. That is frowned up on here
I don't see a problem with wanting to use a better radio to scan a system then a scanner I have no ill intentions other than to scan the system. I have a Motorola XTS that I use for analog same thing I use it because it receives better. TX is off and the radio will not affiliate with any system the registration is off. It's just a better scanner the way I'm using it. I know a lot of people who are in the forums who use a professional radio to scan.

KG7PBS

I don't see a problem with wanting to use a better radio to scan a system then a scanner I have no ill intentions other than to scan the system. I have a Motorola XTS that I use for analog same thing I use it because it receives better. TX is off and the radio will not affiliate with any system the registration is off. It's just a better scanner the way I'm using it. I know a lot of people who are in the forums who use a professional radio to scan.
I used a xts25/5000 for NAS they work the best

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I used a xts25/5000 for NAS they work the best
The XTS 5000 only supports a max of 15 talkgroups in a scan list; Harris XG radios allow 127, which is the most of any commercial radio that "supports" NAS, it's also more than Unication. Most people find they are also a bit easier to program and more flexible for NAS.

KG7PBS

The XTS 5000 only supports a max of 15 talkgroups in a scan list; Harris XG radios allow 127, which is the most of any commercial radio that "supports" NAS, it's also more than Unication. Most people find they are also a bit easier to program and more flexible for NAS.
15 is more than enough you can’t listen to everything anyways