Win 500 remote client question

jackmail226

Can anyone help with Win 500 remote client.

I have a GRE PSR-310 and two laptops, both on Windows 10.

Looking to set this up within my own home network, not worried about accessing it from the internet remotely at this point.

I have it loaded on (2) laptops with the intention of being able to hear calls on my scanner using the 2nd laptop in another room within the home. This way I can leave the GRE hooked up to my external antenna for better reception, connected to the 1st laptop.

I have successfully been able to get the interface on the 2nd laptop to show what is on the screen and control functions such as scan, manual and WX so I know I can control it.

The problem I have not figured out is that I have no audio on the remote computer which kind of defeats the purpose. I've tried disabling the firewall briefly on the "server" machine and that did not help.

Anyone have any thoughts on how I can get my audio to stream to the other computer?

Thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Anyone have any thoughts on how I can get my audio to stream to the other computer?
-
On the laptop that is connected to the scanner.... are you using an audio cable to the laptop's sound card input as well as the USB cable connection?

jackmail226

No, I was thinking the audio was going through the USB port along with the image of the scanner screen.
If that is required - I'll dig up an audio cable and try it.

jackmail226

Can one still purchase the Win500 full paid version? I have the trial with a limit on the time it will work.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Can one still purchase the Win500 full paid version? I have the trial with a limit on the time it will work.
-
You can still remit payment on the Win500 website to purchase registration keys, but getting your keys sent to you is definitely a "Buyer Beware" situation. There are many posts on the forum about that. Here are some, you can search the forums for lots more: