Win97 Alpha Tag Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CStarr59

I have entered all my frequencies in bank 3 (72 total) and moved on to the alpha tags, but it only lets me enter 29 alpha tags??? Am I doing something wrong? I have a Pro-164 and I am a new user to this software. All my frequencies are conventional. Can someone please help me?
The scanner has the latest firmware 1.02 version

Last edited:

DELCOLHFC

Put em to the left of the freqs........

It sounds like you might be entering the Alpha tags in the talkgroup alpha tag section ( it goes up to 29). That is the section in the lower right hand side of the screen that has three columns 'Alpha tag', 'ID' and 'LOut'. This is where you would enter in all of the Trunked system talkgroups that you want to monitor.
The main section of the page (to the left top to bottom) is where you need to enter the Alpha tags for all of your entered frequencies. It has 7 columns you can enter data in. The frequencies you entered go in the second column and the corresponding Alpha tag goes just to the left of the freq in the first column.
Once you get the hang of Win97 you will really enjoy it, it makes programming soooo much easier and being able to save different configs for trips and such is a huge plus.
If my above guess as to you problem is off base please fill us in with more details of what and where you are seeing and folks here will jump in to help.

Hey, I just read through your previous posts and see that you are from Schuylkill County. My father's family is from there and my folks moved back up after he retired, they are in Schuykillhaven now and my sister's clan resides in St. Clair. I always liked how all the little towns (all million of them!) each had their own slightly different personality. And of course the best beer in the world!

Last edited:

N1BHH

CStarr59 said:
I have entered all my frequencies in bank 3 (72 total) and moved on to the alpha tags, but it only lets me enter 29 alpha tags??? Am I doing something wrong? I have a Pro-164 and I am a new user to this software. All my frequencies are conventional. Can someone please help me?
The scanner has the latest firmware 1.02 version

You need to select the next talk group bank. You have only selected talk group bank 1. There are buttons to tick off just to the left, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4. Be sure the boxes are checked too, as it will only hear the first one that is checked.

DELCOLHFC

N1BHH said:
You need to select the next talk group bank. You have only selected talk group bank 1. There are buttons to tick off just to the left, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4. Be sure the boxes are checked too, as it will only hear the first one that is checked.

The OP stated that all his frequencies are conventional, I think he is just entering data in the wrong area......Checking this thread to see his response to our posts.

CStarr59

DELCOLHFC. Thank you, after looking at it again I see you are correct. That will work for what I need and yes win97 seems very easy to use and Im beginning to like it alot. I live right in Schuylkill Haven, moved here 2 years ago and it's a very nice little town. I'm still trying to learn all the little towns and places, it can be confusing at best. I like to call it "Hillbilly Haven" I think they should change the name!

CStarr59

Well I just downloaded all the info into the scanner and it worked perfectly, alpha tags and all. Thank you all for taking the time to straighten me out and get my problem fixed. I really do appreciate it. And thank you Don starr for creating the software to program my Pro-164! I am truely one happy camper..............!

Status
Not open for further replies.