**Windsor activity**

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Well guess i can start a thread for the Windsor and area scanning listening

today at 4:00am caught a good MVA
Details: car took out lamp post wyndotte and goyeau, severed the pole right off with live wires exposed under car and the person was trapped in their car (due to the pole on top of the car)..Was at work when this happened heard it happen, then heard on the scanner bout min later the dispatch process happening, went down and checked it out was quite a interesting site to say the least, tried taking pics with my cell phone but it was too dark plus also with the emergency vehicles lights they didn't turn out that well so didn't bother to post those..heard on the hospital patch once they got the person out of the car severe head trauma with major lacerations to the face...

If anyone has any news or events feel free to post them :)

VE3RADIO

I like the idea of this thread.... but i think it might be against the law in regards to listening in and passing on information.. someone correct me if i am wrong.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I don't think any doors are going to be kicked in for posting "after the fact" info on a car accident.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
oh ok well if it is against the law then maybe i shouldn't do this then lol don't want anyone to get in trouble, but if it is legal can someone clarify ???

VE3RADIO

exkalibur said:
I don't think any doors are going to be kicked in for posting "after the fact" info on a car accident.

Probably not.. however we dont want to jepordize this website. Myself.. I love the idea! and if it is legal to post.. then we should have a thread for every major city.. even links to recordings of the incident.. etc.. we just need clarification.

gwtc199

If you look in the Michigan Forum, they have a sticky where people can post any events happening. And the last i checked if what you are posting doesn't give you any benefit, for example if the event is all over with by the time you post, it is perfectly fine. Best thing though is to leave people's names out of the post (Privacy).

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hawkeye: In my opinion (and I know it carries no weight because everyone has an opinion just like they have a ahole, lol) I doubt it if most people care about what is hapenning in Windsor.
Its not a put down in Windsor, I like Windsor
That said you dont see me or Jellotor posting stuff from Hamilton/Burlington or anyone posting events from Toronto, etc.

Bryan (sp Brian?) runs a hotshot group on Yahoo for events.
That might be the best place to post current events of interest.

MetalCarnage

EJB said:
Hawkeye: In my opinion (and I know it carries no weight because everyone has an opinion just like they have a ahole, lol) I doubt it if most people care about what is hapenning in Windsor.
Its not a put down in Windsor, I like Windsor
That said you dont see me or Jellotor posting stuff from Hamilton/Burlington or anyone posting events from Toronto, etc.

Bryan (sp Brian?) runs a hotshot group on Yahoo for events.
That might be the best place to post current events of interest.

Agreed on the not caring about windsor comment, but i think more importantly, due to the fact that in the eastern canada forum there is ppl from numerous provinces, if we all started posted every interesting call we heard this forum would just get swamped and the more important discussion topics would just disappear into the sea of "MVA in (insert city/county)" and "takedown in (insert city/county)"...same can be repeated for fire and so on...

tusker305

HAWKEYE
If you enjoy that sort of thing, check out THE FIRE NOTIFICATION NETWORK OF MICHIGAN
they are a pager group in the D. It might cost ya a couple of bucks, they page all kinds of stuff police, fire, ems and severe weather incidents. Very professional bunch, I am sure they would love to have another Windsor Dispatcher. Maybe right up your alley, Give em a look at http://www.fnnm.net/

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Or you could try IPN, they don't have anything currently in your area of the province. Atleast I've never seen anything come out of that area. It's free if you provide the alerts to the service. I've been with them for a number of years and no problems.

Check it out: http://www.incidentpage.net/ All ya need is a dispatcher account and your set.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Lots of forums have subforums for Breaking News. It could be certainly added here if there's enough interest.

But as already has been mentioned, Bryan runs the Hotshot list on Yahoo Groups. The mailing list format provides more up to date notifications then a forum based group.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
30 person fight ouellette + university with several people injured, 3 ambulances dispatched and 2 wagons, this was very close to my work was able to see everything alot of people going crazy, this was the 2nd big fight over the course of the weekend, last night which was saturday another big fight roughly same time as this one 230am with about 20 people..

slicerwizard

Mike_Oxlong said:
The mailing list format provides more up to date notifications then a forum based group.
Postings to Yahoo Groups can take hours show up in one's inbox. If you've subscribed to a breaking news thread here on RR, I'd wager it would show up in your email client a hell of a lot sooner than a Hotshots post would.

Cappyton

What happen in Kingsville friday afternoon?
I was driving down the 401 and saw 2 unmarked opp cars, 2 rcmp vans 1 rcmp suv opp bomb and ert transport trucks all going twards essex county with lights and sirens.. and going rather quick

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
personally I dont think its a good idea to let them get an idea of how many are listening & what they are hearing , there,s been a couple incidents now of scanner users embarrassing the wpd ,We know that within 2 years they are upgrading to a digital system , weather or not it will be fully encrypted , or just some talkgroups ,...who knows,....but you can be sure a savvy radio salesman will dig all this up for his presentation , as well as pointing out the usuall officer safety , border town , homeland security , some surrounding agencies are enc . etc. I would assume we would be going to a system that would be ineroperable with Detroit ,with the option to go as much encrypted as they want/can afford, I would hate for them to point to this as just another reason to persuade them to go fully encrypted, & apparently everyone doesn't agree but as far as posting what you hear like the guy did on youtube , I think scanner users should volunteer to adopt a code of ethics of sorts , where only something very very serious should be considered , such as illegal activity drugs gun running etc, yes flirting is not what your supposed to be doing on the job ,...but is it worth jepordizing the hobby & the wpd for ? you decide.....

Anyway this summer is probably gonna be bad , with the prices of everything rising & the hard drugs really taking root in the city I'm noticing the crimes are more violent & desperate,...of course I hope I'm wrong...

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
well in regrds to the you tube video whoever it was was rather dumb in doing so in my opion, I just post actions that happen that can really not really affect our city's services, accidents,fights,major fires etc... As for personnel information or names that is just mainly pure stupidty and just asking for trouble if you post stuff like that, yes windsor is going to be converting digital in the next couple years,but from what i hear it is going to be a P25 network, same as what our neighboring city detroit has...

Status
Not open for further replies.