Wireless Cable TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevez97

Premium Subscriber
We purchased a condo and I need to take my analog cable TV (F-connector) and wirelessly transmit it to the tv approximately 8 feet away. I have found wireless RF transmitter/receivers that will transmit an HDMI signal, but I haven't found one (yet) that will do so with an analog signal. Does an F connector (analog) to HDMI (digital) converter exist? If so, could I use this along with the HDMI Tx/Rx device?

Thanks in advance for any input.

prcguy

What your looking for doesn't exist at a consumer level if you are trying to take the cable TV coax coming into your place with lots of TV channels on it and send that to a transmitter. There are transmitters for taking audio and video to one single TV channel or HDMI to one single TV channel, but the cable with F connector would have dozens or more TV channels on it at RF frequencies that span hundreds of MHz.

If you can get a cable box or tuner that will receive a particular TV channel and provide outputs with raw audio and video you can then get a small transmitter/receiver combo that will send that across the room.

We purchased a condo and I need to take my analog cable TV (F-connector) and wirelessly transmit it to the tv approximately 8 feet away. I have found wireless RF transmitter/receivers that will transmit an HDMI signal, but I haven't found one (yet) that will do so with an analog signal. Does an F connector (analog) to HDMI (digital) converter exist? If so, could I use this along with the HDMI Tx/Rx device?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Status
Not open for further replies.