Wise County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Does Wise County or Decatur really use the MPT1327 system listed on their page or did they just stick with VHF? I haven't seen any updates to the MPT1327 system since it was first posted in 2001 (beyond the recent tag update). Can anybody in the area give us the run down on which system the Sheriff's Office and Decatur PD operate on?

Wise County
Decatur MPT1327

Thanks,
Russell

nd5y

I haven't been through there in about 4 years and normally can't hear it from home. I can hear the CC weak right now so it is still on the air.
I heard what sounded like Decatur PD and public works on it in the past but can't confirm who is using it now.

jason51

Decatur MPT

Decatur PD is the only service using the MPT system that I am aware of. All the rest of Wise Co. is sill VHF. The system was initialy put in in hopes that the whole county would switch to it, but aparently it doesnt work all that well and Decatur Fire gave them back all their radios and went back to VHF several years ago. Also, from what I understand, Warner Radio paid for the entire system and is leasing it to Decatur PD.
Wise Co. is having major issues with the Fire and SO channel right now and the radio shop does not seem to want to fix it. There are times when the fire channel is down for several hours and no one is ever told about it. The SO deputies have a very hard time getting out on portables and has severe bleedover from the fire channel. There has been talk of a VHF trunking system, a P25 system to tag onto Parker Co. system. Motorola has been trying to con the county into that for a few years now. But still, same old VHF and same old problems for many years now.

mbstone99

Does Wise County or Decatur really use the MPT1327 system listed on their page or did they just stick with VHF? I haven't seen any updates to the MPT1327 system since it was first posted in 2001 (beyond the recent tag update). Can anybody in the area give us the run down on which system the Sheriff's Office and Decatur PD operate on?

Wise County
Decatur MPT1327

Thanks,
Russell

There is some activity on the Decatur MPT1327. I have ran Unitruker on the system and found maybe 1/2 dozen or so talkgroups but as others have said Decatur PD is the only one using it so it's not really all that active.

Matt

jason51

The Wise county page is mostly accurate with the exception of a few PL and DPL codes.
the county quit using 45.320 about 8 years ago. WCSO mandated that everyone move to VHF highband at that time. I really dont know why, 45.32o worked alot better than what we have now.
Decatur and Bridgeport are dispatched on their channels, all others are on the county fire channel.
Rhome and Boyd Fire departments have excellent repeaters of their own , but the county refuses to dispatch those departments on those and refuses to put those channels in their consoles, stating that " our dispatchers are not capable of working multiple channels" , this is per the Wise County Dispatch supervisor.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
There are a few new unidentified repeaters that are licensed to Wise County now, and we don't have any information for them in the database, of course. They are as follows:

KNBA695 (same as SO/Fire Primaries): 154.4075/158.9025
WQCQ956 (licensed to Wise Co. Fire Association): 155.2650/158.7750, and 155.6325/151.3175

jason51

The license that are listed were going to be used for additional fire repeaters in the county but were never used and there are no plans to use any of them. Nobody could come up with the thousands of dollars that they wanted to put them up.
One pair is being used as a repeater inside the WCSO Jail for jail ops, but I am unsure of which one it is. It has very little coverage, only inside the jail.

nd5y

New stuff in Decatur

I'm hearing a new repeater on 154.355 PL 131.8 NFM and the input appears to be 156.015.
They are dispatching both Decatur PD and FD on it.
Neither of those are licensed as a repeater.
WNGU461 (DECATUR, CITY OF) FCC Callsign Details
KNFZ699 (DECATUR, CITY OF) FCC Callsign Details

Decatur got a new license for 4 repeaters a while back.
WQOK550 (DECATUR, CITY OF TX) FCC Callsign Details
I haven't heard anything on those and I haven't heard the UHF system or the SO repeater on 158.805. I'm too far to hear them consistently so I don't know exactly what is going on there.

DMBFireman

Feed Provider
I've been hearing Decatur PD on the Decatur FD channel for a few weeks at least now and I wondered what the deal was with that. I wish they would keep the PD and FD separated. One I only want to hear FD and 2 that is a disaster waiting to happen when something big goes down.

Brandon

I'm hearing a new repeater on 154.355 PL 131.8 NFM and the input appears to be 156.015.
They are dispatching both Decatur PD and FD on it.
Neither of those are licensed as a repeater.
WNGU461 (DECATUR, CITY OF) FCC Callsign Details
KNFZ699 (DECATUR, CITY OF) FCC Callsign Details

Decatur got a new license for 4 repeaters a while back.
WQOK550 (DECATUR, CITY OF TX) FCC Callsign Details
I haven't heard anything on those and I haven't heard the UHF system or the SO repeater on 158.805. I'm too far to hear them consistently so I don't know exactly what is going on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.