woodburn pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkf435

Don't look now but somebody on Craigslist is selling Kenwood Nexedge NX-200 radios programmed as a scanner for Woodburn Police. How soon before they start flipping on encryption?

David Kb7uns

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Don't look now but somebody on Craigslist is selling Kenwood Nexedge NX-200 radios programmed as a scanner for Woodburn Police. How soon before they start flipping on encryption?

David Kb7uns

Their radio system sucks so bad. The audio is so bad the dispatchers can't hear the units in the field half the time...it's nothing short of a disaster.

That, and Woodburn PD is really boring to listen to on a regular basis. I wouldn't be too concerned about a few kiddies with Kenwoods running around.

kman923

Hmm. Spent A while on the phone the other night with one of the technicians that was involved in the installation of there system!
A joke indeed, Months went by after the installation and this technician was called in weekly to weed out the problems, Finally Kenwood and the suppliers along with a technician or two said go to heck with woodburn! Woodburn has now hired a tech almost full time now to keep it tied down, I was told he's completely clueless and is working with Kenwood trying to piece things together as of July.
Seems to me the system is unsafe and unreliable at critical times! Reason for this,,,,> It comes down to money! The nexedge system was the cheapest bid on the list!!!!!you get what you pay for! Oh and woodburn is already encrypted!!!!!!always was.

Now that OSP is set to change over to an motorola 800mhz trunking system in late 2016 , Marion County has considered joining OSP and there new system, ,

kaylajade67

Premium Subscriber
Question for kman923

Are you still able to hear Woodburn PD with the scanner that you recently bought? If so, who do I contact to get one?

kman923

Yes listen to them just about every day, when I hear sirens.
They are complicated to get, you got to order the battery, radio, and charger from separate places,
Then you have to obtain the software for programming,
I have 1 radio setup still in the box I ordered,
It would be alot easier if you emailed me, Jasonlewis250@gmail.com
THX

Status
Not open for further replies.