Worcester P25 System.

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
6,696
Reaction score
1,721
Location
Central Texas
Since EMS in Worcester is run by UMass Medical Center, it's their responsibility to provide the radios. My guess would be that someone in purchasing sat on the purchase order request a bit too long.

Apparently today was the switchover from the old EDACS system to the new P25 trunk for Worcester city services and fire. Worcester EMS is included as well, but someone forgot to fund radios for them, so they're working off a single portable radio per truck until the new hardware can be purchased and installed.
 

chet0729

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
worcester ma
I have been scanner Worcester public safety for 30 years. The last 15 or so on my Pro-95.
Obviously with the new system no longer can get anything. I need to buy a new scanner and I am partial to the Wistler platform. I am not familiar with the new terminology yet as far as Phase 1 , phase 2 etc.

If I buy a scanner that is phase 2 will it also be phase 1 compatible. I also saw that one used I believe tdma while another used fdma

If I were to purchase a hand held Whistler scanner which would do the job on the new Worcester system
If someone has a suggestion other than the Whistler models I am open to suggestions.
I really need to get back up and scanning

Thanks
Chet

Thanks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top