Wright-Patt

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutler88

Anyone have any reliable frequencies for Wright-Patt? I have the ones listed here in the data base, but I don't believe they work. Thanks!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You didn't say what you are using (the scanner/antenna combination is critical when trying to get milair...) - I'm not at all sure whether the freqs on the MONIX page are up to date, but it's also worth a try. It's linked on our mil monitoring wiki.

Perhaps the surest place, apart from the Ohio forum, to get up to date freqs would be the MONIX group. That base is right in their back yard. 73s Mike

Yokoshibu

cutler have you seen any unusual planes at wright patt? or do you not get out there much?

buffalogoat

I have an Uncle that lives in Dayton and I was out there visiting him a few weeks ago. We spent almost the whole day at Wright-Patt but never saw any special activity. Just a few C-130's taking off. I've been to that base more than 20 times over the years and I am always amazed every time I go. The Air Force museum is AWESOME and the base is so big, it is spread out over 2 different cities! ANYONE that is into aviation should visit Wright-Patterson AFB at least once in their life! You can check out what's at the museum here: http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
cutler88 said:
Anyone have any reliable frequencies for Wright-Patt? I have the ones listed here in the data base, but I don't believe they work. Thanks!

They most certainly do work as I am the one that put them there. I live about
15-20 miles sw of the base and I hear them just fine. Sometimes the base is not all
that busy. How often are you listening, and what is your set up?

shaft

Check out Wright Hill, its off of Rt 444. Good place to sit and over look the active at Wright-Patt. I havent been there since I moved from Dayton, but its a nice place to relax and watch the air traffic come in and out. If your lucky, you can see the VC 25's from Andrews come in and out.

cookiend15

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Wright-Patterson AFB

cookiend15

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Vc 25

The VC 25 is AIR FORCE ONE and I have only seen it once when I was in the Air Force. The president flew into Grand Forks Air Force Base, North Dakota in 1997 to see for himself the damage caused by the floods. I went up near the flight line and took a look at AIR FORCE ONE. I was quite surprised to see a whole lot of security around AIR FORCE ONE even though it was parked at a military air force base.

Yokoshibu

I didnt know they did touch and go's at wpafb? sure its a vc-25 and not something else? that's kind of a far flight just to do touch and goes....

there is only one 747 that I know of that operates from kffo on a regular basis and its not a vc-25

shaft

Ive seen them do touch and go's there at WPAFB several times. I had mentioned it to my dad in the mid 90's when I first saw the VC-25 and he told me the aircraft will go to Wright Patt on check rides and routine test flights etc.. He used to fly into there when he was with the aircrew back in the late 70's on the old 707's.

Obviously they will not use the callsign "Airforce One" since POTUS is not on board, but will hear either "SAM 28000, 29000" or just "28000" etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.