Ws 1040 scanning problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
No they dont vary, you'll have to make the adjustments yourself. Understand it ONLY changes how many signal bars show, doesnt do anything toward fixing your original issues.

It was mentioned above about the SDS100 or SDS 200 it would no doubt work in your simulcast county, but whatever your budget is these are $650-$700. I have found here on a couple 4 tower systems and occasionally 7 tower systems my 396XT performs quite well.
The current equivalent model is the Uniden 325P2. Uniden has firmware in them and one more after that has helped with simulcast issues.
You would have to program the 325P2, next ones and up in price are the 436hp and home patrol 2, those use a database on an sd card along with free sentinel software for firmware updates and database updates.

For ka3jjz
As you saw on the dates in the link I provided its been known for several years, seen it first hand several times when I have helped people, but good to have it as well in the wikis for the 651,652, ws1040 & ws1065 add in about the firmware, since my post the 2.9 was released -
The reverse of these values will make the signal bars be full strength all the time on pro 106,197, 651-652(2.6 firmware), GRE 500,600

RomeScanner

Premium Subscriber
i changed the RSSI settings,changed the delay to 35 and have the squelch at 8 o'clock position and im getting about 70% good sound with no chopping or cutting out

Status
Not open for further replies.