WS1040 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanningOhio

Premium Subscriber
hello,
i am new on the forum, and need to ask a question, but not sure what area to ask in? i have a whistler ws1040 scanner, i tried to setup a scan on channel 1-2 and i messed up. can someone tell me how to delete the 1-2 channel i setup? i found videos for everything but that on youtube. any help would be greatly appreciated.

SKaiserling

Hit PGM, use the arrow keypad to navigate through scanlists and objects (left and right will change scanlists, up and down will change objects) and find the object you want to delete. Hit func + clr or delete or whatever it's called (I operate by muscle memory and not visual cues at this point, sorry) and it'll prompt you to confirm deletion

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you are in Dayton OH, you have a big job ahead of you. Montgomery Co on the statewide MARCS trunked system has a huge number of talkgroups. It would be far easier using programming software. I see that you are a Premium Subscriber. With software, you can download the systems from the Radio Reference database. You have 3 choices for software: ARC500, Win500, and PSREdit500. I use Butel ARC500. You will need a programming cable. Did one come with the scanner?

scanningOhio

Premium Subscriber
yes do have program cable, i have since sent my scanner to someone well versed in programing it for me, I will let you know how things go. My fingers are crossed!

scanningOhio

Premium Subscriber
Hit PGM, use the arrow keypad to navigate through scanlists and objects (left and right will change scanlists, up and down will change objects) and find the object you want to delete. Hit func + clr or delete or whatever it's called (I operate by muscle memory and not visual cues at this point, sorry) and it'll prompt you to confirm deletion
Thanks, i have just cleared the whole list i started, and sent the scanner to a professional to have programed, he has done scanners for me in the past, and i really dont want to jump down the rabbit hole to start learning the software just yet. I dont really have the time right now. thanks for the help though!

spacellamaman

i wish you had written the manual. that is very helpful. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.