WS1065 Static / Clicking

kpendergraft

Premium Subscriber
Hi , I have a ws1065 that I use to scan a Project 25 Phase I System. My WS1065 Has a constant Static / Clicking Sound to it. This sound persists even if I turn all the scanning channels off

See the bellow video

My friend has the same exact scanner and it is absolutely Silent when no one is transmitting on the system.

I have tried resetting to factory default and the noise still is there. I have also tried reinstalling the firmware.

Any ideas on how to fix this ?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Any ideas on how to fix this ?
-
You will have to determine what is causing the problem first before you try to determine a remedy. Try taking your scanner over to your friends house or some other location and see how your scanner acts there. That will tell you if it’s local interference at your location that you can start tracking down, or if your scanner is in need of repair.

Do you have any priorities set?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Do you have any priorities set?
I agree that it could be checking for a priority channel since the noise occurs at a regular interval. Turn off priority if it is on. Do you have another scanner scanning at the same time? I have heard that sort of noise caused by another scanner especially when connected to a common antenna.

Last edited:

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
It sounds like you are constantly hearing a P25 control channel. That’s weird because it’s present when you are scanning and even when you have nothing enabled.

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Up North