Wussup with Orange County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-B

Monday when I passed through Orange county I could not receive their system, not even a control channel. I went to the RR database and entered all the frequencies instead of just the control channels in case the frequencies rotate. Today I passed through Orange County again and still no traffic. I tried with two different scanners and neither one would lock onto a control channel. I did, however, hear Orange PD's talkgroups on the neighboring Jefferson County system. Does anyone know what is up with the Orange County system? Did it change to a new set of frequencies or did they migrate over to TX WARN?

Tim-B

Well, if anyone is interested, I did a search of the FCC license database and I found three additional frequencies under Orange's license with call sign WNVP234. The three frequencies which are not in the RR database are:

Some systems have control channels that rotate daily through several frequencies. It could be that on the days that I did not hear the Orange system the control channel may have been using one of the above frequencies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Well, if anyone is interested, I did a search of the FCC license database and I found three additional frequencies under Orange's license with call sign WNVP234. The three frequencies which are not in the RR database are:

Some systems have control channels that rotate daily through several frequencies. It could be that on the days that I did not hear the Orange system the control channel may have been using one of the above frequencies.
I believe those are Interop frequencies, used conventionally. A lot of agencies are licensed for those, though usage varies.

Tim-B

Oh well, back to the ole drawing board.

Does anyone know the rebanding table information for this system?

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Several years ago Jefferson County upgraded their network core with the intention of migrating to full P25, and the Orange County system was networked in at that time. Functionally they operate as a Smartzone Omnilink system.

Nothing had changed when I passed through on Labor Day weekend, fwiw.

Tim-B

I think I figured out what it was. It was massive cell site interference. When I took the scanner off the holder and put it horizontal on the center console and covered the antenna wth my hand it began receiving the system just fine. When I put it back vertically n its holder it went deaf again. I travel through Orange County on interstate10 and there are cells sites everywhere along that highway.

maynardjames

Feed Provider
I provide a scanner feed for Orange county tx and nothing has changed in the 3 years Ive been hosting the feed. I do have a question though. They added a new tower on the west side of the county where do i find the info to update my scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.