• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XG-100M Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLOYD0703

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you are programming using the Unity Product Management tab. I use either Bluetooth or USB connected to the control head.

When you upgrade to the CH-100 things operate a little differently. The control head can store multiple profiles and let you switch between them on the fly.
Got it perfect. So I would basically program it just like I did using the Bluetooth for my 100p?

LLOYD0703

Premium Subscriber
Yep! Same process.
Ok, so.. I open the unity product management, initialize the Bluetooth and the radio appears but I can't get the personality to appear in the bottom screen so I can send it to the radio. I have tried a bunch of different steps but don't seem to be able to remember that part. Thank you again for the help.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Ok, so.. I open the unity product management, initialize the Bluetooth and the radio appears but I can't get the personality to appear in the bottom screen so I can send it to the radio. I have tried a bunch of different steps but don't seem to be able to remember that part. Thank you again for the help.
You need to switch the radio type to XG-100M/CH100. RPM sees the CH721 and CH100 as different radio types. You will have a few different options to play with too.

-B

LLOYD0703

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all for all your help, it definitely made life simpler and the programming of my radio a breeze. My xg-100m with a CH 100 head is now fully programmed and operational and I couldn't have done it without all of you. This group Mega rocks. Thank you so much

prcguy

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all for all your help, it definitely made life simpler and the programming of my radio a breeze. My xg-100m with a CH 100 head is now fully programmed and operational and I couldn't have done it without all of you. This group Mega rocks. Thank you so much
If you couldn't get the CH100 running I was going to offer you $75 cash for it....

nikronzo

The entire mission plan is different for a CH100 versus a CH721, in RPM or RPM2 you will see that there are 2 different mission plan types that can be loaded, 100M w/721 & 100M w/100, you need to reprogram the brick itself for a CH100 control head.

LLOYD0703

Premium Subscriber
The entire mission plan is different for a CH100 versus a CH721, in RPM or RPM2 you will see that there are 2 different mission plan types that can be loaded, 100M w/721 & 100M w/100, you need to reprogram the brick itself for a CH100 control head.
Good evening. All done. Thank you. That is what I did earlier. All bands tested and works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.