• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XG-100P and Bluetooth audio

wsubsom

I have a Harris XG-100P. I read in another thread that someone paired it with a cell phone headset. Because the headset didn't have a PTT, he couldn't transmit, but he could receive. That is all I need to do, but I can't seem to make that work. The headset appears to pair correctly with the internal Bluetooth in the XG-100P, but I never hear any audio. The internal Bluetooth works correctly by pairing with my laptop and allowing programming over Bluetooth.

Any suggestions or info will be greatly appreciated.

David, NY1A

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Try a different headset. Some work, some don't. That's bluetooth for you. My peltor headset says pairing failed but then I hear audio just fine.

wsubsom

Thanks. I wondered if that might be the case. I am handicapped and, if that wasn’t enough, I’m getting hard of hearing. I can’t make out what is being said on the radio unless I hold it by my ear, which is a real pain for more than a few minutes. Although I transmit very rarely, I listen a lot, so a wireless earphone would be very helpful. I’ll try a different earphone.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Thanks. I wondered if that might be the case. I am handicapped and, if that wasn’t enough, I’m getting hard of hearing. I can’t make out what is being said on the radio unless I hold it by my ear, which is a real pain for more than a few minutes. Although I transmit very rarely, I listen a lot, so a wireless earphone would be very helpful. I’ll try a different earphone.
There are lots of wired options. Also, I have the OTTO RSM, which is reliable and has an earpiece Jack. Just some other options to think about. The OTTO will let you talk too, which you mentioned doing, albeit rarely.

-B

wsubsom

Thanks for the suggestion. I was really hoping for a bluetooth wireless earphone to work with the internal bluetooth in my XG-100P, but I guess the implementation of bluetooth in the XG-100P must not support that. Oh well. In comparing the XG-100P with the APX8000, this is the ONLY thing where I think the APX is better. I am very happy with the Harris. It is the first one I have ever owned after literally 50 years of Motorolas. I like having 800 P25 trunking, and conventional P25 and wideband analog on 146/440 all in the same radio. If you need all that, which I do, it is wonderful. So easy and logical to program, too.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Bluetooth has been a pain in the ass since it's inception. You absolutely can pair a wireless earbud/headset/speaker but which ones work and which ones don't comes down to trial and error. Obviously the Harris bluetooth speaker mics work, I've used my Peltor sport headphones with the 100p & 200p albeit on the 200 with the aforementioned strangeness. You just have to try and see with whatever you can find.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Hate to wake up an old thread, but has anyone successfully paired the Harris XG-100P with Apple Airpods?