• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XG-100P programming help

KJ4SKP

I've got an XG-100P that I would like to add some functionality to by adding some local PD, FD P25 + some UHF/VHF frequencies. I had an version of RPM on an old laptop that crashed so I lost my mission plans on that computer. Long story short, I no longer have programing software and am wondering if there is a member that provides programming service for a fee? Let me be clear I am not attempting to hijack/pirate programming software.

Radioman96p71can you help?

KJ4SKP

I spoke w/ a Harris dealer local to me about help w/ programming some new receive only trunked PD/FD frequencies to scan. She said "that can't be done on your radio". When I told her I already had PD on the radio she was very shocked and told me that was illegal and that nobody would be able to add additional PD trunked to my radio. She said nobody will "legally" be able to do that. She then told me to be grateful that those were on the radio. Isn't that what a scanner basically does with trunked frequencies?

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
Technically, she’s correct. You are either using an illegitimate copy of RPM or the legitimate copy you bought has been altered to not require a system key to program trunked systems. The only transceiver manufacturer that allows for RX only with no system key is BK.

-B

kg4icg

Crazy Trucking Mechanic
Premium Subscriber
You don't need a systems key if you are just doing the xg100p in non-affiliate scanning of trunk system. If that was true then I wouldn't be able to listen to Fairfax, Prince William, Va State, DC, or any other systems I have on mine.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
You don't need a systems key if you are just doing the xg100p in non-affiliate scanning of trunk system. If that was true then I wouldn't be able to listen to Fairfax, Prince William, Va State, DC, or any other systems I have on mine.
Affiliated or non-affiliated to do it the legit way you need the correct RPM licenses. You're probably using the cracked version of RPM that is unrestricted.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
Affiliated or non-affiliated to do it the legit way you need the correct RPM licenses. You're probably using the cracked version of RPM that is unrestricted.
This demonstrates how ubiquitous the cracked version is… if you have a copy that didn’t come from a dealer or through your TechLink account, it’s cracked… @kg4icg how much did you pay for your copy and what dealer did you purchase through? You absolutely need a system key when using Harris supplied software, whether you’re affiliated or not…

-B

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Well... kinda. You need an AAC key after RPM10. Before that, trunking was a free for all yet you still needed a licensed copy of RPM.

And I definitely would not be going into any radio shop asking for my local public safety agencies to be programmed in, or telling them that you already have them. That most definitely wouldn't be warmly received. Any radio shop worth it's salt knows people are listening, but they don't want people pointing it out to them or asking them for help. That's a good way to push the encryption agenda unfortunately.

northstarfire0693

Premium Subscriber
You are going to need to get RPM software. I'm not sure on the FW version on your radio, but you may be able to purchase RPM10. RPM14 you will need the AAC key.