• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

xg100p program cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDR-94

I ended up have an operator error lol.
Figured out I wasn't clipping it INSIDE the top before screwing it in

Yeah, the tab, in the top of the cable connector, has to slide into the slot on the UDC, before screwing down the cable.

Reconrider

So we have been typeing trying to help and you dont know how to mate the cable to the radio....very depressing to me
**** happens. Didn’t realize the plastic had a tab that needed to go under the top part of the pin thingy

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
That's not uncommon for RFguy's. Some people get burned others get their cables.
Going on 3 months no cable...Yet I order one recently and it arrives in 2 days after ordering.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if it's still the case, but it's a one man operation.
Can someone confirm the most recent time they actually received something from RF guys? Given they have no phone number and no physical address, it's gotta be a one man operation at most.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Can someone confirm the most recent time they actually received something from RF guys? Given they have no phone number and no physical address, it's gotta be a one man operation at most.
11/09/21

KJ6PJY

Got my cable yesterday from New London Technology and it works like a charm. Didn't brick my radio yet LoL. Also I made an accessory cable for connecting my aviation headset with the help of pin-out info from radiotech33. Received audio quality is million times better.

Thanks everyone for all the help. Happy holidays.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
About $40, but it's quick disconnect.

More details!! Can you make the diagrams etc available? Where did you get the parts? While I can use the programming cable at work I'd rather have one of my own; shelling out $180 on a programming cable for only one radio turns me off, so $40 is much more my kind of thinking.

rjschilder

About $40, but it's quick disconnect.
I did a 6-pin hirose cable as well, works great. The 3d printed ones we just soldered some pogo pins in (reused from broken speaker mics). Works like a champ. I actually designed a little pcb to test with a cnc, never got a chance to make it. Perhaps I'll give it a whirl!

Status
Not open for further replies.