• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 2500 ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSFD390

Hi all. Just got a hold of some equipment, to program a XTS 2500 unit. I received the correct CPS, a 2 piece programming cable, with USB Attachment, a small blue disc titled, "Driver CD: XP".

Everything has been installed, and I plugged in my cable, correctly hooked up to the radio, hit read on CPS, and got an error, "ERROR:::OPEN RADIO. Also got one in reference to an error, earlier, but cant remember what.... when the USB Is plugged in, it says load new software, so i click on it, and it states, cant locate driver software for USB2.0-SER!

I'm at a loss, as to what to do from here. It is to my understanding, that the small blue disc, was the driver software for the cable. Could it be that im on Vista operating system, and that the disc labeled as XP is an issue?

Any help is appreciated, as i will need to program 40 more of these.....

Well since no one more skilled than me has posted,
I would recommend updating the cable driver !
and Windows XP/Vista could have something to do with it as well,
I have used Windows 7/XP drivers on Windows 8 with no problem

Nasby

I've read many threads where folks have trouble with CPS and Vista.

Perhaps using XP will solve your problem?

I have my Astro 25 CPS on a laptop with XP and a serial port programming cable. I have never had a single issue.

CSFD390

Ok, I Cannot load my USB 2.0-SER! I have installed the driver CD that came with it, its labeled Driver Cd: XP. It is loaded, and when I plug my USB in, it says new software, and then searches, and says no software found for USB2.0-SER!, unable to load software.

What can I do???? its all that is holding me up at the moment.....

CSFD390

Usb 2.0-ser! Xts 2500

Hi, i have posted about an issue with my XTS 2500, Ive installed everything that came with the radio....now saying that it doesn't recognize any software, after i uploaded what i had provided. Help???

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've merged your two threads together since they both deal with basically the same problem.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
What exactly do you mean by two-piece programming cable? Part number or where'd you get it from?

CSFD390

But, at this point, all that is stopping me, is the driver for the cable, and I checked on google, and some other reference sights, with no luck in locating a driver for USB2.0-SER! ..... And there isn't a support section on the vendors site.

fireguyastro

Premium Subscriber
XTS2500

But, at this point, all that is stopping me, is the driver for the cable, and I checked on google, and some other reference sights, with no luck in locating a driver for USB2.0-SER! ..... And there isn't a support section on the vendors site.

Are you trying to use a usb to serial adapter? if so ok try and download the prolific drivers for usb, make sure when you read the radio you have the correct comm port selected, goto start,my computer right click goto properties goto hardware manager goto comm ports and see what comm port you are trying to select, if you need more help contact me @ kb3yqi@gmail.com I have a xts my self and can walk you through this

jim202

Hi all. Just got a hold of some equipment, to program a XTS 2500 unit. I received the correct CPS, a 2 piece programming cable, with USB Attachment, a small blue disc titled, "Driver CD: XP".

Everything has been installed, and I plugged in my cable, correctly hooked up to the radio, hit read on CPS, and got an error, "ERROR:::OPEN RADIO. Also got one in reference to an error, earlier, but cant remember what.... when the USB Is plugged in, it says load new software, so i click on it, and it states, cant locate driver software for USB2.0-SER!

I'm at a loss, as to what to do from here. It is to my understanding, that the small blue disc, was the driver software for the cable. Could it be that im on Vista operating system, and that the disc labeled as XP is an issue?

Any help is appreciated, as i will need to program 40 more of these.....

Let me ask this simple question. Have you set the software to say what kind of interface your using? There are 2 choices. one is serial and one is USB. having the software look in the wrong place will kill you each time. I fall into this frequently as I do have both serial and USB cable for different radios. When you go from one to the other, it can cause problems till you figure it out.

I generally start the software and then connect the cable to the radio and then to the computer. If your using a true Motorola USB cable, the software will load the drivers for you. Trying to load an aftermarket cable driver is like rolling the dice.

Good luck.

Jim

CSFD390

No, I'm not computer, "savvy", so to say.. but I plugged in my usb, & its like the driver on the blue disc, isn't saving like it says it is, & it dosent ask where I want to save it at. But I will check that tommorow!!

I'm not using a official MOTO Cable...only what was handed to me. I've raised the issue of using aftermarket material....but it has hit deaf ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.