• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS-5000 TG/AG DISABLED not working properly, still transmits

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthorpe

First of all let me say I'm a legit programmer for a legit agency and have legit gear and software... so the forum police don't come out.

Here is what's going on. I have several XTS-5000's that I want to program per personality NOT to transmit on whatever system it's on, for those particular TG's in the personality. Tactical emergency is off, scan list is set to talkback and I get no errors when programming the radio. Flash is 584828. However, when I program the radio back, and even though TG/AG disabled is checked and active in the codeplug, the radio still transmits on those TG's. The zone is pointing to the proper personality.

Some radios do this without issue and some don't work at all. Another radio with the same flash works fine, with the same codeplug. My guess is the firmware? Any thoughts?

jthorpe

Do you mean you can still hit the PTT or you see it transmitting? Even if it’s TG/AG disabled the radio will still affiliate.
That is correct. It's a crap shoot. With the exact same codeplug, some radios will honor it and some will continue to transmit even though it's set for TG/AG disabled. Host and DSP is 17.01.00

Last edited:

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Are all radios at the same FW level,

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Some radios do this without issue and some don't work at all. Another radio with the same flash works fine, with the same codeplug. My guess is the firmware? Any thoughts?
If the FLASH is identical, then looking at the firmware in each radio is the next logical step. I no longer have the release notes for ASTRO 25 firmware, but I remember that it took MSI a few years to finally add "Listen Only Talkgroup" (i.e. TG/AG Disabled) to the APX series. That was in 2012 with FW R8 I believe, so it stands to reason that it was also added to ASTRO 25 firmware at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.