• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS S Split?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Define "reasonably priced". What you think is reasonable might be completely different from others :)

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
I had an 450-512 XTS3000 that actually had a better sensitivity than my XTS5000 of the same band.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I have 3 XTS3000s in VHF/UHF/800 MHZ. They all work fine, TX/RX audio is clean. Two have been professionally tuned and aligned. Nothing sucky about them.

Manny

I don't mean they are a sucky radio but for me, I used to have a vhf one and it's so much harder to program. Also it acted up a ton and now I've been spoiled with the 5K and the 2500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
XTS5000 in 450-512 in MOST used markets ain't gonna be found for under 400. At least not Model II or III, I've seen the price vary but the lowest I've seen a 5K hit in that split was right about 400.

I do concur with the rest that the 3000 is actually easier because there are less parameters to deal with -- there is only a small amount of conventional features missing from the 3K that the 5K has. But I digress.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Disagree. To each his own but I've had both and the 3000 software always trips me up

I've been programming Astro, Astro25 and APX even MTSX portable and mobile CPS for years by far the most straight forward is the Astro. Nothing to trip someone who knows what they are doing

I've been programming Astro, Astro25 and APX even MTSX portable and mobile CPS for years by far the most straight forward is the Astro. Nothing to trip someone who knows what they are doing

I disagree. I always ended up with invalid fields that I couldn't find. With the 5K, everything seems simple to me. Programming however, is only the start. The main plus to the 5K and 25k for me is that I won't have to use a different software since I don't have the 3k software anymore. In addition I like the button lay outs much better, (on the front panel. 25k side buttons suck) and from personal experience, I think the digital works better. Additionally, not sure if it's like this on the 3k but the one thing I really love on the 5K is the ability to hold tons and tons of conventional channels

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
By the fact is you can't find your invalid fields and how to correct them only proves my point..

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
You might find a model 1 under $250

Very odd. Astro CPS always tells me where my invalid fields are if I try to write or save a codeplug.

Status
Not open for further replies.