• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS2500 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjkempf14

So i have several XTS 2500 radios that i would like to program. Is it still possible to download the software somewhere, and if so where?

I've googled all i can and so far all i could find is something called Astro25 Portable R20.01.00

I am some what of a newbie, but i have worked on Minitor's and G5's.

And yes i know the XTS 2500 is not a pager lol

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
Keep this in mind...

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
So i have several XTS 2500 radios that i would like to program. Is it still possible to download the software somewhere, and if so where?

I've googled all i can and so far all i could find is something called Astro25 Portable R20.01.00

I am some what of a newbie, but i have worked on Minitor's and G5's.

And yes i know the XTS 2500 is not a pager lol

Well, you found what you need. Astro25 portable is what you need. It's not hard to find these days. Have fun!

DiGiTaLD

As of a couple months ago, you could still order ASTRO25 Portable CPS through MOL, but they only ship it on CD (no download).

Its actually more expensive than current APX CPS.

Scott73

It's out there and you should be able to find it. Motorola should make it free since they don't support the radios anymore. It's rediculus on how much they charge for it but Motorola is greedy. Microsoft gives Windows 10 for free and that is worth allot more than some stupid radio software. Good luck with your XTS2500 as they are good radios. From what I hear they do a great job listening to especially the trunked systems.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
It's out there and you should be able to find it. Motorola should make it free since they don't support the radios anymore. It's ridiculous on how much they charge for it but Motorola is greedy. Microsoft gives Windows 10 for free and that is worth allot more than some stupid radio software. Good luck with your XTS2500 as they are good radios. From what I hear they do a great job listening to especially the trunked systems.
As far as motorola is concerned they would want the old radios destroyed. They only want new current products in circulation.

fordcobra04

Premium Subscriber
It's out there and you should be able to find it. Motorola should make it free since they don't support the radios anymore. It's rediculus on how much they charge for it but Motorola is greedy. Microsoft gives Windows 10 for free and that is worth allot more than some stupid radio software. Good luck with your XTS2500 as they are good radios. From what I hear they do a great job listening to especially the trunked systems.
No, they aren't greedy. They are a business trying to make money. Just like any other business. Dont really see where people can say they are greedy. Until agencies/businesses decide to stop paying the prices they quote, then they can charge what ever they please for software/subscriber units/accessories.

12dbsinad

Until agencies/businesses decide to stop paying the prices they quote, then they can charge what ever they please for software/subscriber units/accessories.
That's exactly what is happening in my area, big M territory including the State. Now, M is getting kicked to the curb, agencies are tired of their BS and competition is aggressive... Long gone are the days of only Motorola and GE for choices.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
As far as motorola is concerned they would want the old radios destroyed. They only want new current products in circulation.
Want, Yes. Need, No. Otherwise they would buy back radios and destroy. I am glad they do not do that.

As to the money for software, I have paid several hundred dollars to RTSystems for their software, plus additional money for several programming cables.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
No, they aren't greedy. They are a business trying to make money.

Between the Linux/free software progression, and the outright theft of IP that has been going on for years via Napster, Bittorrent, etc., there is a sense of entitlement amongst people. Think back to how many people ran illegitimate copies of Windows back in the days before it called home. All because "Micro$oft is greedy", and deserves no recovery of development costs, or ongoing income to support fixes, features, enhancements. If you want to steal someones property, that's fine. But don't try to justify your theft by saying the people who developed the software are greedy. To me, it's no different than taking your neighbors lawnmower because Home Depot is "greedy". Theft, is theft.

Status
Not open for further replies.