• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS3000 Screen replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoguy2

Thanks everyone. Especially you jhal94. I've got it to the point where enough pixels work and stay working that it's very usable.

Of note: To those fighting over the tool. I bought it, and it worked 2 times, on the third time, putting the housing back on, it cracked the housing. I should have just stuck with the two screwdrivers..... My dad collects glue and general tools like I collect radios. I took it over to him, and he put some super-duper high tech glue that will hopefully fix it.

Thanks again to everyone.

Matt

hitechRadio

And snaps in place even easier if you lube the seal first.
Not sure why you used the tool to put the case back together. Maybe you mis typed.
At least you can read the display now, thats all you reaaly wanted anyway.
Sorry to hear you broke the case anyway after buying the tool though.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Just wont give it up about that lube that is not necessary.. I guess the hundreds of XTS's I have been repairing are just not up to par...

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
You've got to be kidding me lol. MODS! please close the thread. And i'm glad to hear the screen is working to your standards photoguy.

sage sage sage sage sage

hitechRadio

Just wont give it up about that lube that is not necessary.. I guess the hundreds of XTS's I have been repairing are just not up to par...

Sounds like you won't give up! LOL

It is much easier to get the radio back together if you lubricate the gasket if you reuse it! How can you possibly argue with that FFPM571? But you never lube gaskets, so you wouldn't know. I just answered my own question.

As far as your second comment, ya I believe the 100's of radio's you have supposedly repaired, ARE SUB PAR.
Do it right, replace the gasket or lube it. Don't be a hack,as you have called me in post#11

Back to the OP, can you comment on how the case broke. in a little more detail. I'm just curious?

RBPD207

Premium Subscriber
I know it's a really old post but I wanted to know if anyone here has bought and used the replacement LCD from Ali express? I know it's a lower quality screen but if I don't plan to spend $400 on a nicer LCD screen when I can buy a whole new radio for cheaper.

photoguy2

I know it's a really old post but I wanted to know if anyone here has bought and used the replacement LCD from Ali express? I know it's a lower quality screen but if I don't plan to spend $400 on a nicer LCD screen when I can buy a whole new radio for cheaper.
I have not, however some people over on P25 have had good luck with them.

There is no reason why they should not work. They are probably made is the same factory as the original Moto ones were. It's not uncommon for Chinese manufacturers to make more than they sell to the original client, and then sell them later.

RBPD207

Premium Subscriber
I have not, however some people over on P25 have had good luck with them.

There is no reason why they should not work. They are probably made is the same factory as the original Moto ones were. It's not uncommon for Chinese manufacturers to make more than they sell to the original client, and then sell them later.

Ok, thank you for the reply I appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.