• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS5000 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien11

Hello All,

I'm trying to read my XTS5000 using CPS R.14 , but received the following error:

This Radio is not supported by this application.
Error Context:a, C0001013

Any suggestions?

bezking

That means your radio has been programmed with a CPS version newer than 14, you need to upgrade in order to read that radio. The current latest version of Astro25 CPS is R16.

mbnv992

What changes were made compared to V15 ? I have Astro25 Version 15 currently.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Radio not supported by this application is different from the Version not supported error.
I could be wrong but to me the error is different.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The error is usually Codeplug too new when you use an older version of CPS.

In this case, the CPS doesn't seem to recognize the radio as being one it supports.

Astro25

As Mike pointed out above, perhaps you've got the wrong software package? Make sure it's Astro25 Portable CPS; XTS3k/ASTROSaber CPS won't do and would produce an error like you originally posted.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Thank you Mike. It was bothering me i couldnt think of it. Codeplug Too New For Applicatoin is what i was thinking of.

XTS3000

I got a simular error when trying to read an Astro25 mobile with the Astro25 portable CPS.

alien11

Thanks for the input guys. Turns out I was using the Astro 25 mobile instead of the portable cps. Both are installed on the machine but the shortcuts were renamed by the previous programmer.

john1158

XTS5000 CPS password

I need help. My XTS5000 has the cps password enabled so I can't read it. I am using CPS ver 15.0 and have looked using my hex editor. I enabled it on another 5000 and found it but each time I look it is in a different place.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I need help. My XTS5000 has the cps password enabled so I can't read it. I am using CPS ver 15.0 and have looked using my hex editor. I enabled it on another 5000 and found it but each time I look it is in a different place.

What hex editor are you using? Use WinHex.

1) Open CPS and read radio.
2) When prompted for password, stop.
3) Open WinHex.
4) Under Tools, click "Open RAM".
5) Select Patport (Should be near the bottom).
6) Select Primary Memory and search for this string: "\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion".
7) You may have to keep hitting F3, but the password will eventually show up.

john1158

Xts5000

I've done all of this several times and I think I have a few new gray hairs. I'm using winhex.

Status
Not open for further replies.