Yale / Sky health

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX7500X2

I have herd helos on the Suffolk county system, i forget the TG but its for medical helos, not sure that they use it or not.

Having worked for years with Life-star and now a few years with Sky-health I would say Sky-health has a long way to go to be at the level life star is at for communications and safety..

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
I have herd helos on the Suffolk county system, i forget the TG but its for medical helos, not sure that they use it or not.

Having worked for years with Life-star and now a few years with Sky-health I would say Sky-health has a long way to go to be at the level life star is at for communications and safety..

Only helos I have heard on suffolks system are their PD choppers usually on PD Command Net or Medevac channel. I know the SCPD does medical missions and water rescues from their air craft as well.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Since its been established these birds are on MRRS and the exact tg is unknown, but suspected to be 9550 - 9556, which are all suspected to be Northell tgs. I have close to 300 rids logged as being on these suspected Northwell tg's so the only way to know what tg would be with a rid since it's all encrypted.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
When I have time I'm going to listen to the VHF patch and watch the MRRS to get the TG
Can't listen to the TG but fun to hunt it down

15plus1

Premium Subscriber
On Long Island, their helo is based at KISP, at a hanger south of the police hangar.
If you watch them on ADSB Exchange, you will see they do alot of inter-facilities from Peconic to Southside.

cg

Premium Subscriber
It is unknown, that is the purpose of this part of the thread.

SkyHealth uses the MTA system but the talkgroup is unknown...
SkyHealth also transmits on 155.205 via a patch to the aforementioned trunked system...
So if the trunk system was watched when the 155.205 became active, it is possible that there was matching activity. Even if encrypted, it should be fairly easy to pair a talkgroup and the VHF.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
It is unknown, that is the purpose of this part of the thread.

SkyHealth uses the MTA system but the talkgroup is unknown...
SkyHealth also transmits on 155.205 via a patch to the aforementioned trunked system...
So if the trunk system was watched when the 155.205 became active, it is possible that there was matching activity. Even if encrypted, it should be fairly easy to pair a talkgroup and the VHF.
The talkgroup that comes up on the MTA system is 9054 when 155.205 is active with SkyHealth. And then right after, 9050 came up. Both full E.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
When 155 205 was active, we’re either of the helicopters in the air? If so did you catch any rid’s? Even tho enc, still might be able to Id the helo from the id.

Status
Not open for further replies.