York Fire Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Wow, I could hear York County doing a fire page for mutual aid for a house fire on Lincoln street in York for McCool Junction and a few other departments. They use the same freq as Sarpy does for their fire paging too. Hope no one left their fire pager in monitor over night.

Even their Sheriff's office which is on 800 came in great on the scanner. I'm thinking the storms around Otoe County and stuff helped get the RF in.

Coming down to the championship game now.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
KG4WHM said:
What scanner do you used and what type of antenna?

Good ones. =) I actually have an outside antenna for my scanner that I got from the Lincoln radio shop last summer. Works good. Although works a little too hot when near certain areas of high RF and you hear that weird paging sound. =\

I could hear someone talking on it again tonight, but almost like it was law, as they were advising dispatch about a person not having any tail lights and they were going to stop them. This was about 230am.

I think there is a security company using TGID 20 on the LTR for CWS too.

What scanner(s) and equipment do you have? Surely you have some install pix somewhere on your PC just waiting to be posted here.

What about this field day stuff, would there be like scanners there to check out? Is it just limited to amateur radio people? Are you going to one? Where are they in Omaha cause I think that's this Sunday right?

SCPD

QRT
NeFire242 said:
What scanner(s) and equipment do you have? Surely you have some install pix somewhere on your PC just waiting to be posted here.

What about this field day stuff, would there be like scanners there to check out? Is it just limited to amateur radio people? Are you going to one? Where are they in Omaha cause I think that's this Sunday right?

I have a BCD996 and I love it. I only have the antenna it came with. I do use it when I am mobile and it works a hell of a lot better than the 796 did.

Radios I have an ICOM 706 (original), Icom DJ-580 dual band HT, yaesu FT 8800, yaesu FT 7100, and a Motorola spectra VHF with DES encryption:D . I just need to send the spectra to a friend to program it and put a key in it.

Field day is mainly amateur radio. It is a contest to see how many contacts you can get. I won't be able to because I work on the weekends and I have an english research paper due. Look at the aksarben amateur radio clubs website for when field day is.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Ah ok cool. Thanks for the info Nate, very much appreciated.

Yeah would be nice to have a 706 for low-band stuff.

SCPD

QRT
NeFire242 said:
Yeah would be nice to have a 706 for low-band stuff.

It works good on low band. I like to use when I storm chasing and listen to 39.9. It's nice because it modded and if I need to I can use it talk to anyone in the state.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
KG4WHM said:
Look at the aksarben amateur radio clubs website for when field day is.

Ha. There is nothing on their page saying where they're at, or what modes or anything. I even clicked on the "Field Day" tab on the menu, and its a total blank page. http://www.aksarbenarc.org/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=37&Itemid=61

Looks like they've dropped the ball for this year. :(

I even tried to listen to some of the nat. calling simplex stuff and not a lot was used.

Status
Not open for further replies.