Your Help is Needed !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
For those who have not read the thread "BTT: open source projects", I would ask that you read it. There's a lot there and it effects ALL of us..

A suggestion has come up for crown funding Todd for his continued support of the P25RX units. As you might know, Parts are getting hard to find and expensive. Todd spends many hours adding features we request and making changes to make the P25RX the best unit on the market. The profits are getting smaller and the hours working on the project are getting larger.

TODD IS NOT PUSHING FOR CROWD FUNDING..ITS NOT HIS IDEA.. Its a group of owner/users looking to help him out..

If someone can get the crowd funding started, please post where we can donate to it..

Lets support the guy who keeps on giving !!!
Dave

FreqNout

Parts are getting hard to find and expensive.
Parts are the main issue for building new units. If they are not available, no amount of $ will fix the part shortage… unless another redesign is made. Just being real regarding parts.
A suggestion has come up for crown funding Todd for his continued support of the P25RX units.

A great idea.
A few months ago, there was a few suggestions for Todd to put a donate button on his web site. That still seems to be a great way to support future software and firmware.

This really is up to Todd and how he wishes to continue the product support - building hardware or focus on firmware.
My 2 cents.

pcman67

Radio and electronics enthusiast since the ‘70’s
Premium Subscriber
The only way crowd funding would make sense would be if Todd developed a new receiver design made with existing affordable, available parts on the market. Of course, this would essentially require him to start over from square one as this would require designing/engineering new hardware, writing all new firmware, software and testing and there would be no revenue coming in from sales during these many months so this would be where crowdfunding could kick in.

All of this would be contingent on if Todd even wanted to put the time and effort in to research and develop a totally new receiver design and to keep on this same path of being a sole business owner.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Isn't Todd's support time worth anything? I believe the support is worth Crowd Funding. With all of the changes and additions we all have expected, I believe his efforts need to be rewarded above what new sales generate.

FreqNout

@dcr_inc Agreed, Todd's support time is worth a lot.

Anyone can donate $ to anyone without setting up a crowd funding plan. That is why the 'donate button' or 'tip jar' has been suggested in the past.

It sounds like Todd is considering the new product type of crowd funding.

Last edited:
Reactions: btt

tumegpc

I had the P25RX-II and even though it's a nice piece of hardware and software, I just couldn't keep up with the constant daily updates. I would rather Todd ( excellent support btw) put out firmware less frequently and let us get to work/play with the device.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
My 2 cents worth, Blue Tail users need to step up if we expect Todd to keep developing products, firmware and software for us users. A donate button on the web site is a great idea, easy to implement. I would support crowd funding also but not for a new receiver (I don't think we have tapped the potential of the RX-II yet).

as far as frequent software/firmware releases, it's your choice to update, you can stop at any time and pick up a new one down the road. I'm using June packages and have no issues. I believe Todd's drive to perfect the product is behind the updates and I applaud his efforts, keep'em coming.

Chronic

For those who have not read the thread "BTT: open source projects", I would ask that you read it. There's a lot there and it effects ALL of us..

A suggestion has come up for crown funding Todd for his continued support of the P25RX units. As you might know, Parts are getting hard to find and expensive. Todd spends many hours adding features we request and making changes to make the P25RX the best unit on the market. The profits are getting smaller and the hours working on the project are getting larger.

TODD IS NOT PUSHING FOR CROWD FUNDING..ITS NOT HIS IDEA.. Its a group of owner/users looking to help him out..

If someone can get the crowd funding started, please post where we can donate to it..

Lets support the guy who keeps on giving !!!
Dave

what is a p25rx for those who dont know ?

bobbyricha

Premium Subscriber
My 2 cents worth, Blue Tail users need to step up if we expect Todd to keep developing products, firmware and software for us users. A donate button on the web site is a great idea, easy to implement. I would support crowd funding also but not for a new receiver (I don't think we have tapped the potential of the RX-II yet).

as far as frequent software/firmware releases, it's your choice to update, you can stop at any time and pick up a new one down the road. I'm using June packages and have no issues. I believe Todd's drive to perfect the product is behind the updates and I applaud his efforts, keep'em coming.
Is anything set up? I would like to contribute.

FreqNout

@btt would need to add a 'tip jar' to his site IF he wishes to accept donations. The crowd funding thing would take some work to research a platform with low fees. Out of respect for Todd - it really is his choice on how he cares to handle any donations. My 2 cents - again...

Last edited:

bobbyricha

Premium Subscriber
Venmo was no fee from bank or 1.5% using credit card. Bank uses Stripe. Worked for me.

Reactions: btt
Status
Not open for further replies.