Zone 2 MTO Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Noticed some of the talkgroups were removed from the database. Just curious as to why? Hard to keep track of when the admin keeps adding and erasing talkgroups.

Here's my list that I had gathered earlier from the database along with a few adjustments.

38048 COMMON
38064 Ott.-KtownRdRpt Ottawa-Kingston Distr. Rd.Report
38080 ROADS
38096 Frontenac County
38112 2CPLACE
38128 Haley Stn. MTO 4376 East/West - Haley Station Patrol Yard
38144 2KANATA
38160 Morrisburg MTO
38176 Vanleek Hill MTO
38208 SUPERVISOR
38256 BLUE MOUNTAIN
38320 Bancroft Rd.RPTS
38336 BancroftDistrict
38400 Unkn MTO
38432 Hastings County
38656 ROADS
38672 ROADS
38704 ROADS
38368 Kawartha Lakes

38064 I only get the road reports for the Ottawa/Kingston Districts.

38096 I never hear Frontenac County road crews on this one, but I do hear either the road report or the weather report (forget which one - I'll look into it though) for Ottawa-Kingston district.

38160 I only get either road reports for Ottawa/Kingston districts or the pre-road/weather reports. I forget which, I'll try to catch this later today again. Same goes for 38176.

38176 I've only heard the Ottawa/Kingston district road reports on here.

I've logged hits on 38256 but unsure for what. I'll look into that one again.

38320 I ONLY get the Bancroft District road reports on this one.

38400 I've heard the Bancroft District road reports on this one as well.

38368 I've gotten I believe the Bancroft district road reports on. Unusual to see that one off the Pembroke tower seeing as it's listed as Kawartha Lakes. Again, I'll look into this further.

I'm trying to keep a log of which tg's I only hear the Bancroft and Ottawa-Kingston district road reports on. Compared to regular radio traffic.

Regular radio traffic, Haley Station patrol (Pembroke 4376 west, to Hwy 17/417 junction @ Arnprior 4376 East - Haley Station Patrol) only use (38128) this talkgroup as there main operating talkgroup. And same with Bancroft district on 38336 which is a large area consisting of Hwy's 41, 132, 28, etc.. (a few others in there as well to long to list).

I know I've only had my 246T a short time, but I DO understand the radio and the concept of scanning, I've been around long enough to know what to look for. Just like others are, I too am trying to listen for proper talkgroups and to add my submissions for what I find, to the database. When something is on the radio, I DO look up at the screen to see what it is that I'm listening to. I'm just as tuned into scanning as the rest of you are. This BC246T really wasn't that hard to figure out. It was quite simple actually.

For anyone that doesn't quite understand the MTO Districts. May I suggest checking out there website for such things. http://209.82.51.53/guestRWIS.htm

Last edited:

mciupa

It looks like your having a great time with your radio. I guess it is a matter of a solid ID and not
a vague description on whether Mike adds it to the list.
Thanks for the RCWIS link , it's nice to have a clickable map for the province , and to see the
latest bulletin in case I'm not near a radio or out of district. :)

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
What you have to remember is that there are no special road and weather report talkgroups.

The MTO Comm Centre will patch together all the Operations talkgroups and do the road reports over all of them.

When Zone 1 first came online, I could hear road and weather reports for most of southern Ontario (including my area) on an unidentified talkgroup.

Turns out the unknown talkgroup was a Chatham area Operations talkgroup.

I could have submitted the group as a road and weather report talkgroup but this wouldn't have been an accurate description. It was best to wait until somebody from the Chatham area could identify it properly as one of their Operations channels.

However, since I would not normally hear Chatham from my area, the only time I would hear this group was during road and weather reports when the Comm Centre patched together all the Operations talkgroups.

DaveH

IdleMonitor said:
I know I've only had my 246T a short time, but I DO understand the radio and the concept of scanning, I've been around long enough to know what to look for. Just like others are, I too am trying to listen for proper talkgroups and to add my submissions for what I find, to the database. When something is on the radio, I DO look up at the screen to see what it is that I'm listening to. I'm just as tuned into scanning as the rest of you are. This BC246T really wasn't that hard to figure out. It was quite simple actually.

Glad to see you've mastered programming your radio (without reading the manual)
and trunking including all the patching that goes on. It wasn't that long ago you were asking
about all those odd-numbered talkgroups!

Some TGs marked ROADS were added during testing back in September with the
assumption that the coverage areas would soon be identified; but some were not.
I have minor disagreement with the extent to which this needs to be done, but the
admins have the final say, and it's better to fall on the side of better IDing.
Inaccurate info tends to take on false sense of certainty as time goes on and is
harder to fix.

People who program TGs manually will have to be aware that there are active
TGs that haven't been IDed yet. People who rely on the "blind" download features
will miss some of these. Just one more argument about knowing how to program
the radio before engaging some automatic process to do it.

Dave

DaveH

Anyway, just to indicate that I'm not entirely sure what's happening,
the patched TG on Site 12 during Road Report time changed from 38400
(403) to 38160 (163) for some reason. Perhaps the original patched TG
38400 "dropped out" and one of the other TGs in the patch was displayed
at that point.

The multiselected TG on Site 6 during the pre-announcement is usually
not the same TG as the Road Report itself.

Dave

Last edited:

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I have been very happy with this radio. It's been the best radio that I've owned so far since getting into scanners back in high school.

Even though there's been numerous radios put out over the years, it's too bad that I had to wait so long for a radio like the 246T because it pretty much has everything that I wanted in a radio, plus some extra features such as close call, PL/DCS tone decode, alpha tagging, etc... that I've never had before. Oh, and the trunking also.

mciupa said:
It looks like your having a great time with your radio. I guess it is a matter of a solid ID and not
a vague description on whether Mike adds it to the list.
Thanks for the RCWIS link , it's nice to have a clickable map for the province , and to see the
latest bulletin in case I'm not near a radio or out of district. :)

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
What does the (403) and (163) mean?

38400 I've picked up on all 3 tower sites. #'s 12, 13, and 18.

DaveH said:
Anyway, just to indicate that I'm not entirely sure what's happening,
the patched TG on Site 12 during Road Report time changed from 38400
(403) to 38160 (163) for some reason. Perhaps the original patched TG
38400 "dropped out" and one of the other TGs in the patch was displayed
at that point.

The multiselected TG on Site 6 during the pre-announcement is usually
not the same TG as the Road Report itself.

Dave

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
The ARC246 program did most of the work that I needed it to do. Then I just took it from there and started editing all the stuff I had put in. In all honesty, they should just include the 246T software with the radio and do without the actual print manual. Like I said. I've barely read the thing. I went straight for the software. And it did all the leg work for me. And of course I couldn't forget Radioreference.com site either.

I have since re-edited my files since I had put it up here. I just need to put them back into that same .zip file and update it. But again, it's kinda hard to do so, since I'm adding things to it everyday. Such as the Foymount talkgroups on the VHF LTR. Didn't take long to find LCN 9, now to just find the LCN for 167.400 which may take awhile cause I don't think there's much traffic on it. But that's for another thread.

On all my trunked systems. Which really is only 2, Fleetnet and Foymount VHF LTR. I keep the radio on ID Search all the time. And I've put the status bit on ignore so I get a proper talkgroup reading. It has been interesting though to see which Digital talkgroups though that I have been able to come across. But that scanning is gonna be a few years away I think. Unless I come across a whole bunch of cash $$$$. Anyone care to donate?????:p

DaveH said:
Glad to see you've mastered programming your radio (without reading the manual)
and trunking including all the patching that goes on. It wasn't that long ago you were asking
about all those odd-numbered talkgroups!

Some TGs marked ROADS were added during testing back in September with the
assumption that the coverage areas would soon be identified; but some were not.
I have minor disagreement with the extent to which this needs to be done, but the
admins have the final say, and it's better to fall on the side of better IDing.
Inaccurate info tends to take on false sense of certainty as time goes on and is
harder to fix.

People who program TGs manually will have to be aware that there are active
TGs that haven't been IDed yet. People who rely on the "blind" download features
will miss some of these. Just one more argument about knowing how to program
the radio before engaging some automatic process to do it.

Dave

mbstone99

Patch

IdleMonitor said:
What does the (403) and (163) mean?

38400 I've picked up on all 3 tower sites. #'s 12, 13, and 18.

What he meant was 38403 and 38163 which are patched talkgroups and that would be the talkgroup that would show up on your radio if you had the status bit on.

Matt

mbstone99

Arc

IdleMonitor said:
The ARC246 program did most of the work that I needed it to do. Then I just took it from there and started editing all the stuff I had put in. In all honesty, they should just include the 246T software with the radio and do without the actual print manual. Like I said. I've barely read the thing. I went straight for the software. And it did all the leg work for me. And of course I couldn't forget Radioreference.com site either.

I have since re-edited my files since I had put it up here. I just need to put them back into that same .zip file and update it. But again, it's kinda hard to do so, since I'm adding things to it everyday. Such as the Foymount talkgroups on the VHF LTR. Didn't take long to find LCN 9, now to just find the LCN for 167.400 which may take awhile cause I don't think there's much traffic on it. But that's for another thread.

On all my trunked systems. Which really is only 2, Fleetnet and Foymount VHF LTR. I keep the radio on ID Search all the time. And I've put the status bit on ignore so I get a proper talkgroup reading. It has been interesting though to see which Digital talkgroups though that I have been able to come across. But that scanning is gonna be a few years away I think. Unless I come across a whole bunch of cash $$$$. Anyone care to donate?????:p

ARC246 is a great program and saves so much time and is so worth the money. I noticed there are a few bugs still in the program that will cause the data when you go back to a system to disappear and the title for the groups to disappear as well. There are other minor bugs but nothing as major as that. If you have a lot of systems saved in it I suggest to backup the data files elsewhere just in case you run into this problem.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.