MTO Talkgroup 38336 RR db

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
How does one figure that 38336 is Peterborough County, when this talkgroup is clearly more than just Peterborough County. I routinly every day hear operations from Bancroft district road crews on here, that yes probably do into the Peterborough county area, but it's not just limited to that County. The comm's I always hear on here are usually for the following patrols:

4362 Madoc
- A) Madoc - Hwy's 37, 62
- B) Norwood -
- C) Madoc/Arden - Hwy 7 East
- D) Arden
4370 Cloyne - Hwy's 28, 41
4371 Cloyne/Whitney/Denbigh -
4372 Dacre - Hwy's 41, 60, and 132
4373 Dacre - Hwy's 41, 60, and 132
4374 Barry's Bay - Hwy's 60, 123, 127, 523
4375 Barry's Bay - Hwy's 60, 123, 127, 523
4376 Maynooth - (although this patrol # may be wrong for Maynooth)
4376 (West) Pembroke
4381 Bow Lake -
4383 Fraserville - Hwy 115
4384 Lindsay - Hwy's 7A West, 35

Plus maybe a few more that I may not have caught yet.

I would just maybe keep that as Bancroft District, although, perhaps other areas within Bancroft district may use some other talkgroups.

When I listen to the road reports for Bancroft District I hear them checking in from Grafton etc...

Maybe 38336 is used just for certain patrols within Bancroft district.

All I know is, I'm listening to this talkgroup as we speak, and it's definitly not just limited to the Peterborough area, but more or less for Hwy's 41 from Kaladar to Renfrew and Hwy 41 from Dacre to almost Pembroke, 132, 60, 62, 123, 127, 37 etc..

But overall, I wouldn't say it's just simply Peterborough County.

Feel free to listen the Ottawa Valley scanner stream http://ve3nsv.no-ip.org:8000/renfrew.m3u to hear 38336. And you'll hear the crews on here. This is off the Mt. St. Patrick tower.

hemi

Very true. I find myself scrammbling to find a road map sometimes to try and find out where some of thease highways in the road reports are. They certainly are'nt in Peterbrough county. Maybe some of the T.G.s are patched or linked!!!

DaveH

IdleMonitor said:
How does one figure that 38336 is Peterborough County, when this talkgroup is clearly more than just Peterborough County. I routinly every day hear operations from Bancroft district road crews on here, that yes probably do into the Peterborough county area, but it's not just limited to that County.

Anything with "county" in it is definitely not a submission of mine. It would be
hard to swallow that MTO road ops are that finely divided down county lines. That
would make 38096 doubtful as well.

Dave

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Exactley.

Sure Frontenac County Op's are probably close enough to Mt. St. Patrick tower to recieve, but as I've stated before. I have never heard Frontenac County Op's on 38096, I strictly only hear road reports on that one.

38336 probably covers approximately 5 Counties Renfrew (Hwy's 41/132), Lennox & Addington (Hwy 28/41), Hastings (Hwy's 28/62/127), District of Nippissing ( Hwy 60 S. Algonquin Twsp./127), and Peterborough County (Hwy 28) And this is for Road Op's only.

I hope you guys are listening to the feed to hear it.

DaveH said:
Anything with "county" in it is definitely not a submission of mine. It would be
hard to swallow that MTO road ops are that finely divided down county lines. That
would make 38096 doubtful as well.

Dave

Last edited:

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
38336 is not a patched talkgroup. It is strictly op's the same as the likes of the Haley Station talkgroup 38128, although that one is strictly for Haley Station and Pembroke patrol yards along Hwy 17.

hemi said:
Very true. I find myself scrammbling to find a road map sometimes to try and find out where some of thease highways in the road reports are. They certainly are'nt in Peterbrough county. Maybe some of the T.G.s are patched or linked!!!

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I am curious if I'd pick them off of the Barry's Bay tower. Long shot I'm sure, perhaps during the summer when conditions are better. Maybe if/when the Bancroft tower generates a signal into the Valley here will I catch it. But not 'til summer.

hemi said:
Well one thing is for sure at this point, fleetnet is busy, and Jan 31, Lindsay CCAC will add more radio traffic for us to have fun with.

And staying somewhat on topic, seeing as you're in Northumberland County, is 38400 used strictly for Northumberland, or is the Patrol yards that you hear in Northumberland county, but actually patrol a larger area?

hemi

As far as i can tell, i hear a larger area then just Nortumberland, wich is what the original point of this thread was. I mabe wrong, but unlike the opp or moh, i don't think the mto's t.g.s or set in stone.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Hemi, do that if ya can. Everytime you listen to the MTO or even just the road reports. You can jot down the Patrol # if they say it, and sometimes they'll mention the location of it. After that they'll usually identify which highways they're working (plowing/salting/sanding etc..)

Once you do that, you could maybe help complete http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&action=codes&code_id=824

As far as I can hear, this should be complete. For what I can listen to. But it'd be nice to see more on there.

I'm sure at times (for those interested) we are all listening to the same set of road reports, but some could be for different areas.

I know 2 talkgroups 38128, and 38336 (not Peterborough County) give me a very broad coverage area for MTO.

hemi said:

Status
Not open for further replies.