SDS100/SDS200: Having trouble with lcn finder

Wrwd973

Hello I just got my sds100 yesterday and have programmed some frequency’s in. One of them is Dmr and by the research I have done requires a lcn number. I have tried using the LCN Finder but can not select the system I’m using. I have tried typing the system in and I’ve tried pressing the knob once in the menu and i always get “no system found matching your entry”. if someone could give me a suggestion on how to fix this it would be much appreciated.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello I just got my sds100 yesterday and have programmed some frequency’s in. One of them is Dmr and by the research I have done requires a lcn number. I have tried using the LCN Finder but can not select the system I’m using. I have tried typing the system in and I’ve tried pressing the knob once in the menu and i always get “no system found matching your entry”. if someone could give me a suggestion on how to fix this it would be much appreciated.
For the LCN Finder to work, your system also must have a Department and a Talkgroup. Create a Department for the system, and create a talkgroup. ID Search will find any new talkgroups in use, but if the system does not have at least one talkgroup entered, the LCN Finder ignores the system. I simply use 1 as the talkgroup to get things going. It does not have to be a "real" TGID found by ID Search, but it does need a place-keeper..

VicradioZone

Premium Subscriber
I've used LCN finder with success and have never had to have a 'false' Department and TG programmed in for it to work. You only need a System and Site with relevant frequencies.

System and Site must be active (as in turned on in FL) .
If you don't have the System or Site turned on then you can not select them in Analyze even once you input the name.

With them turned on the scanner will be able to provide the system as an option to select.

From there it can now offer the sites you have programmed in for the system.
Sites that you have turned off will not be offered as an option to select.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I've used LCN finder with success and have never had to have a 'false' Department and TG programmed in for it to work. You only need a System and Site with relevant frequencies.

System and Site must be active (as in turned on in FL) .
If you don't have the System or Site turned on then you can not select them in Analyze even once you input the name.

With them turned on the scanner will be able to provide the system as an option to select.

From there it can now offer the sites you have programmed in for the system.
Sites that you have turned off will not be offered as an option to select.
I've done it this way successfully too.