trouble programming bc246t

Status
Not open for further replies.

lambo

Hello to all RadioReference members and quest's am the proud new owner of a bc246t scanner and am having problems with programming this scanner city where I live has a trunked system that I programmed in and am having no problem receiving however I can't seem to get conventional systems to work.Uniden,s help desk told me to recheck the frequencies I programmed in to make sure they were correct and up to date.After doing this and checking with another scanner user using the same frquencies I still can't get the conventional systems to work.If anyone has any idea why this scanner dose't work on the conventional system's I have tried to program I would appreciate any help offerd.PS.uniden does not think there is a problem with scanner. Thank you Lambo.

captclint

Mentor
lambo said:
can't get the conventional systems to work.
That's a 1st. Usually, it is trunking that gives the problem. Ok, so have you tried programming (not using weather service search)the weather channel(s) for you area. They are as conventional as it gets. Of course, you have checked that the systems and groups for the conventional are not locked out with quick keys. Since the default for a system is conventional, I doubt that you have a problem there.
There are a lot of tips here that apply to the 246T
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Category:DMA_Radios_Hints_and_Kinks
Are you using software..if so which?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.