BC125AT New Scanner Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

i guess uniden will only address what uniden want's to address. the gre psr-310 is beginning to look good.
scanner master has it on sale for $149.00 with no shipping charge for the month of December.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
They're going to say they're keeping the price down anmd CAN'T have "everything". On the other hand there should a few "standards" for new scanners, namely 6.25kHz, 7.5 kHz, 8.33 kHz steps, PL/DPL decoding,computer control, alphatags. Those are the bare minimum standards. NOTICE I didn't include stuff like trunking or digital, we're talking absolutely need

You are 100% correct! There should be some standard features on all scanners. It doesn't make any sense to me. That's like selling a car with only 2 tires instead of 4. With the definite move to narrowbanding, why only include the proper steps on one of the two affected bands. As far as the 8.33 khz. steps in the air band, as I pointed out in my previous post, we're still using 25 khz. steps here in the US. They should be selectable.As far as the cost, look below what GRE is offering in their 310 and how much IT is sellling for.

I guess uniden will only address what uniden want's to address. the gre psr-310 is beginning to look good.
scanner master has it on sale for $149.00 with no shipping charge for the month of December.

I LOVE my PSR-310. For $149.00, you get EVERYTHING you need to do analog monitoring, and then some! if you are on the fence about it, take the plunge, you will NOT regret it!

Manny

questnz

I sold my PSR 310 recently but if I recall corectly air band on 310 was lock on 8.33 khz steps as well and it was not selectable for the change step size at this band?
Just like is US, in NZ and Australia we still use 25 khz on air band. As air band getting bit crowded there was talk for some time to shift steps to 8.33 khz, this may explain why scanner manufacturers already "futureproofing" their gear. This mean that it takes 3x times slower to scan the memory bank. Lucky scanning speed increased in the latest scanners considerably.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I sold my PSR 310 recently but if I recall corectly air band on 310 was lock on 8.33 khz steps as well and it was not selectable for the change step size at this band?

That's correct, the PSR-310/410 stepping is fixed at 8.33 kHz between 108 and 137 MHz.

This mean that it takes 3x times slower to scan the memory bank. Lucky scanning speed increased in the latest scanners considerably.

Not exactly. Searching the air band will take longer (more steps to go through), however scanning already programmed frequencies is unaffected. The stepping is irrelevant during scanning, it only comes into play during searches.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber

Yes this is true but if you input a frequency directly or through software, it will accept it as is and not round it off to 8.33 Khz. So, the only thing affected is your search in this particular band.

Manny

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I was all set to say this is a "nice" little scanner that I'd recommend to someone to pick up as a basic scanner if the price is set right but not ever see the need to pick up for myself. But then I look to my right and see my Pro-94 I keep next to my computer in weather alert mode with the basic local channels programed in if I hear something interesting on the fire pager and need to hit the scan button. That 94 gets closer and closer to becoming D.O.A. by the day so eventually I'd need a replacement on the cheap for it. Since I'd only be using it for the weather features and the high band monitoring the alpha tags when I use it to scan might seal the deal for me to look into this as the 94's eventual replacement....

I love my expensive scanners with all the bells and whistles just like everybody but for what I'll need it for this seems like a good option. Now to hope the 94 can remain on life support long enough for this to be released to get a closer look at it.

scannersnstuff

yup. there's a distributor stating on their website $139.99. stated in stock date of jan 20 2012.

only time, and a few review's will tell if i'm gonna buy this pup.

Last edited by a moderator:

safetyobc

yup. there's a distributor stating on their website $139.99. stated in stock date of jan 20 2012.

only time, and a few review's will tell if i'm gonna buy this pup.

Same here. Looks promising. Was hoping for closer to the $100 mark but I can see it being worth the $139 if it is a good performer.

jaymatt1978

Well if we go back to the early 90's when the BC55XLT and the SC180's were the two hot models I got my BC55XLT NEW for $100 while the SC180 was $200. Those needing a history lesson the BC55XLT is 10 channels, NO FREQUENCY READOUT, goes to 512Mhz.That's it! I think the SC180 has 150 channels and does 800 MHz NO TRUNKING

Same here. Looks promising. Was hoping for closer to the $100 mark but I can see it being worth the $139 if it is a good performer.

scannersnstuff

look at the POS pro-92. the thing went for like $400.00 new. not even digital. i don't think $139.00 is bad.
like i said, i just want a cheap scanner for on the go. i just hope they plan on fixing the step increments.
i could even order it from a place like scanner master. they have a complete satisfaction 1 month policy.
dealt with many place's. they are the best in the buiz. hand's down !. they have ALWAY'S done right by me.

thomast77

How about $140?

$140 Is too close to the sportcat. I would just save a bit more to get the sportcat. An added benefit more storage, Dynamically Allocated Channel Memory and you can use freescan to program instead of buying more software. But if mil-air is what your after the sportcat does not have it. I already have several mil-air scanners anyway. I think 120-130 max. This would make a good replacement for the bc95xlt. and they could lower the price of the bc95xlt. I got mine from uniden direct for about $80 about a year ago.

safetyobc

This scanner has a lot of features for that price range. I would like to have seen the Fire Tone Out but that may be a feature of the Dynamic Memory found in the other Uniden's? I may pick one up just to have a dedicated airband scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.