BC125AT New Scanner Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

i keep thinking the same thing about the bc125at vs. the psr-310. the 310 is currently $149.00 and no shipping charge from scanner master. yes it does trunking. when the njsp goes digital,it will not be a big help to me. the 310 is basically like the psr-500. already have one. i just want something different. i think the concept of the straight forward bank's is o.k. the 310 is another heavy,4 battery,bulky scanner. the situation,not good for my OCD. i still don't think the anticipated $139.00 is that bad. any more for a basic scanner may be pushing the envelope. just my thought's. GUMP.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
I personally would purchase a psr-310 $175 or a bc346xt for $199 and have 9000 channels and full analog trunking.. but this scanner wasnt aimed at me was aimed at those looking for air and military band

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Bc-125at

So does anyone have their hands on one of these yet? I'm curious if Uniden put a cd-rom in the box that includes programming software?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm sure someone will put something up in due course - it shouldn't be hard to learn how to program it, although with 500 channels it would be tedious. It's not a DMA scanner, either, so not much of a learning curve.

Mike

scannersnstuff

although i still don't have my mind completely made up on this purchase, scanner master is saying march delivery.

i'm still in a hot debate with myself over pulling the pin on a psr-310 instead. the idiot is winning ! ..

Last edited by a moderator:

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Bc-125at

March delivery??? I was thinking this week was the first available? Universal Radio is stating a 1/24/12 arrival.
Thanks upman for the link to the software!!
What are your best estimates for delivery?
Did the guys from AES order any at CES?

scannersnstuff

What are your best estimates for delivery?
Did the guys from AES order any at CES?[/QUOTE

i can't even get a simple answer on correct step size's. good luck.

N8IAA

First, thanks UPMan for the software post. Second, one of my questions about this radio is answered. Third, January or March, Paul? I can't wait to get one of these!
Larry

TedRHayes

First observations on the BC125AT software

Downloaded, installed and ran the BC125AT SS software. Appears to be relatively straight forward. Found a few interesting things after a quick look:

When I press Help/Contents it pops up a help file window, but the help file is for "Homepatrol Sentinel Software", not what I expected.

There is no apparent "Import" capability, but you can copy and paste from a spreadsheet file with some restrictions. You can copy/paste a single column with multiple rows, or multiple columns with multiple rows (as long as the column order from your source matches the BC125AT SS order).

I also discovered a paste would fail if your "Name" field contained an illegal character, I did find that the underscore '_' is considered illegal. That's a little troubling since a lot of Alpha Tags in the RRDB include the '_' character. One can perform a find/replace of bad characters in the spreadsheet, but that it kind of a pain.

Would like to know if the illegal character issue is a limitation of the scanner or just the software, and see a list of what the legal/illegal characters are.

Look forward to receiving my scanner soon.

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.