BC346XT missing first parts of all transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishfire412

Hey I recently bought a Uniden BC346xt and for whatever reason, it almost ALWAYS misses the first 1 or 2 seconds of every transmission. Does anyone out there have any thoughts on how I might be able to fix this situation? Thanks, I appreciate any info.

captclint

Mentor
Hey I recently bought a Uniden BC346xt and for whatever reason, it almost ALWAYS misses the first 1 or 2 seconds of every transmission.
Welcome to RR. The most obvious is that you have too many frequencies programmed. The actual scan rate is somewhere between 50-100 ch/sec, so if you have 500 frequencies programmed, it will take 5-10 seconds to get through them all, and a lot can happen in that time. The next is the number of systems. The scanner spends a certain amount of time in each system. The best way to minimize these delays is to go to each system(conventional and trunking), and set the system hold time to 0.

If you have a lot of conventional, use the software to sort each system in order, from low to high or visa versa. That will save even more time getting though all your frequencies.

irishfire412

Thanks for the info! I have 10 systems in the scanner, and usually only have between 2 and 3 scanning at one time, and each of these systems has no more than 20 channels each. Should I still set the hold time for all of them to 0? Thanks.

irishfire412

I've made sure Priority mode is off on all channels, and turned off all systems but one, setting the Hold Time to 0 on all systems, and it still seems to miss the first second or 2 of many transmissions, which are coming from a range of only about 5 miles away.

SCPD

QRT
Under Sys options check the Set Delay Time... It starts with -10 sec, -5 sec, -2 sec, 0 sec, 1 sec, 2 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec, 30 sec

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.