Changing the name of this forum from the Tavern

Do you think the Uniden Tavern name should be changed?

• I feel the name is adequate.

Votes: 36 72.0%
  • I don't like the name. I think the name should be...<see reply>

Votes: 14 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

davedaver1

Premium Subscriber
Since you said

.... This is not a Rants forum! It is to serve topics that are border-line not Uniden oriented.

I would think Tavern would not be appropriate for the reason it's not a place for ranting. I would like to see the Uniden Lounge, as it insinuates sitting around talking. Uni-Den is definitely clever, but I think not everyone will get it....

My $.02...

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I really like the new Uniden Forum lay out. I vote to keep it named as the Tavern, unless it will be moderated with an Iron Fist, then a name change should be in order.
I'm glad that some people like it. Thanks. But I intention for this sub-forum to have less moderator interaction provided people can keep their opinions civilized, and not troll or hijack. We'll be looser with the thread topics though as long as they do not fit within the others, which means we move them.

And keep the comments coming. So far I'm inclined to leave it as-is.

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
One suggestion is to put the informative stuff about the product back under a product category where it can easily be found rather than in the BS section.

Almost didn't find the discussion on batteries and the 436 because it had been moved to here.
Informative posts will generally be in Tech Support if they're from members, or from Uniden/Paul in the parent Uniden forum.

Getting on the topic of batteries is getting pretty generic so that's why that thread went here. When we see opinions, impressions or observations that aren't asking questions those threads will be here. Anything on a highly technical level will go in the Performance and Tech sub.

I'm getting to the point of creating a Sticky thread as a guide for where to post within the Uniden subs. We can only make the forum descriptions so long, and I would prefer the less thread moves the better.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm glad that some people like it. Thanks. But I intention for this sub-forum to have less moderator interaction provided people can keep their opinions civilized, and not troll or hijack. We'll be looser with the thread topics though as long as they do not fit within the others, which means we move them.

And keep the comments coming. So far I'm inclined to leave it as-is.

Appreciated, Thank You

QDP2012

I would think Tavern would not be appropriate for the reason it's not a place for ranting. I would like to see the Uniden Lounge, as it insinuates sitting around talking. Uni-Den is definitely clever, but I think not everyone will get it....

I agree.

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I would think Tavern would not be appropriate for the reason it's not a place for ranting. I would like to see the Uniden Lounge, as it insinuates sitting around talking.
A Lounge and Tavern are the same in my opinion though one is more prone to alcohol than the other. If you rant loud enough in either one you'll get thrown out. Anyhow...semantics.

The decision is still open. I'll let it run until the poll closes.

n5ims

A Lounge and Tavern are the same in my opinion though one is more prone to alcohol than the other. If you rant loud enough in either one you'll get thrown out. Anyhow...semantics.

The decision is still open. I'll let it run until the poll closes.

I guess it could be given a more international flavor by calling it a Pub. One issue is the beer may not be as cold.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Informative posts will generally be in Tech Support if they're from members, or from Uniden/Paul in the parent Uniden forum.

Getting on the topic of batteries is getting pretty generic so that's why that thread went here. When we see opinions, impressions or observations that aren't asking questions those threads will be here. Anything on a highly technical level will go in the Performance and Tech sub.

I'm getting to the point of creating a Sticky thread as a guide for where to post within the Uniden subs. We can only make the forum descriptions so long, and I would prefer the less thread moves the better.

Thanks for replying. I do see your point though and hadn't considered that previously.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The answer might be right before our eyes:

The Uniden Tavern
For general chit-chat and non-technical discussion specific to Uniden and does not fall within the above forum topics. This is not the forum to get technical advice from.

How about "Uniden General Chit-chat"

Just kind of thinking ahead for when Whistler scanners get going, their forum may well take the shape of the Uniden sub-forums. So having "XYZ Chit-chat" may also work for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.