Denton County switching to P25 today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swipesy

denton county's main control is 773.65626 alt control is 772.60625, 858.38750, 859.28750 . i am with a denton county fd and and i believe they are staying on the main control channel. the fd side is having trouble with tone outs and have been working with depts one by one daily. hope this helps good luck.

Do you have a typo in your alt channels or has 858.28750 been changed to 858.38750 and RR not updated?

Thanks.

ke4emq

KE4EMQ pops

the tones are on the new p25 phase 2 system they use the station id number and have changed the sound of some of the tones and are also adding mayday tones and all dept station tones to one tone if it is a all hands call if it is just a single station they use that station tone they just don't have the bugs worked out yet. if you are using a uniden 436 536 or home patrol in service anything that has to do with ems or fire has to be turned on to hear station tone outs. hope this helps.

DMBFireman

Feed Provider
Update to my original post....

The Denton County Fire Departments Live Audio feed has been back up for a few weeks now with the P25 System online. Thanks to a generous donor I was able to get hooked up with a 996P2 to broadcast with. The system sounds pretty good from my location.

Some info I heard today is Lewisville FD is still waiting on mobile and portable radios to arrive and be installed so we are probably months away from Lewisville switching. Lewisville will be leaving their own old analog system and joining the Denton Co P25 system. There will be a few other radio sites added in the City of Lewisville to increase coverage. These will likely be the water tower at 3040/S Valley Pkwy, the current tower on N Kealy, and another site in East Lewisville near Castle Hills.

The other users of the current system (Flower Mound and Highland Village) I believe will also come onto the Denton Co system. The City of Denton may also be joining the county system when they switch to P25.

Lhayes3

Thanks Ben. I get everything now except tone out from dispatch telling where emergency is. How can I get he tone outs again.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
You should hear toneouts on the talkgroup for the department being toned out and/or the main 515 talkgroup. You might also try including the conventional VHF frequency, 155.835.

Thanks Ben. I get everything now except tone out from dispatch telling where emergency is. How can I get he tone outs again.

dfbailey

I feed the Denton County Public Safety channels and it is back up as of today. My computer dedicated to the stream crashed just after the switch to P25. I have now updated all my equipment and switched over the RadioFeed and everything seems to be working well.

For anyone looking for an inexpensive computer solution for streaming, I am now running on the Azulle Quantum Byte fanless / solid state drive computer from Amazon. I purchased one for my home entertainment system too and so far I am loving them. Runs Windows 10 and memory can be easily expanded via USB or SD card.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015RQWSC4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

billpritjr

I feed the Denton County Public Safety channels and it is back up as of today. My computer dedicated to the stream crashed just after the switch to P25. I have now updated all my equipment and switched over the RadioFeed and everything seems to be working well.

For anyone looking for an inexpensive computer solution for streaming, I am now running on the Azulle Quantum Byte fanless / solid state drive computer from Amazon. I purchased one for my home entertainment system too and so far I am loving them. Runs Windows 10 and memory can be easily expanded via USB or SD card.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015RQWSC4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

David let me say THANK YOU as while you may not know it, the Denton Feed is listened to by quite a few folks, to include me. I have missed this feed since it was off the air.

If another "need" exists out there, it is the ability to listen to one feed with Highland Village, Flower Mound, and Argyle Police/Law Enforcement traffic. That area is booming (as you know) with residential growth, new retail (new Kroger on 407), etc activity and it would be cool to listen to JUST those three agencies.

Thanks again

dfbailey

David let me say THANK YOU as while you may not know it, the Denton Feed is listened to by quite a few folks, to include me. I have missed this feed since it was off the air.

If another "need" exists out there, it is the ability to listen to one feed with Highland Village, Flower Mound, and Argyle Police/Law Enforcement traffic. That area is booming (as you know) with residential growth, new retail (new Kroger on 407), etc activity and it would be cool to listen to JUST those three agencies.

Thanks again

I'd be open to doing that, but Flower Mound is already covered so I can't stream it too. There is no way to isolate Argyle from the other small agencies that are dispatched by Denton County. I'll have to give it some thought.

Glad people are finding that it is back up.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I don't know the channel names, but 477 through 485 seem to be jail/corrections type of traffic.
I've heard talk groups 481 and 483 active several times, but have yet to ID them.

Status
Not open for further replies.