Discovery mode issue

radioman2008

Batlabs user Wazzzzzzzzup (2001-Present)
Premium Subscriber
ive been using discovery mode on all my 436/536/sds100 units for many years and have always had what appears to be an issue.

the idea of discovery, is to find new frequencies/talk groups.... i can set to 600 seconds recording per talk group or frequency, and once it reaches that time limit, it should lock it out to free up scanning to discover new frequencies/TG.

sofar it doest lock out, it only sets the stop recording bit, not the lockout bit. it continues to stop on busy channels that arent being recorded, preventing the scanner from discovering new less common channels.

is there a setting that allows for auto lockout, or is that something that engineering could look into and change? discovery would be more beneficial if it locked out.....

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
ive been using discovery mode on all my 436/536/sds100 units for many years and have always had what appears to be an issue.

the idea of discovery, is to find new frequencies/talk groups.... i can set to 600 seconds recording per talk group or frequency, and once it reaches that time limit, it should lock it out to free up scanning to discover new frequencies/TG.

sofar it doest lock out, it only sets the stop recording bit, not the lockout bit. it continues to stop on busy channels that arent being recorded, preventing the scanner from discovering new less common channels.

is there a setting that allows for auto lockout, or is that something that engineering could look into and change? discovery would be more beneficial if it locked out.....
That would be a useful setting, but for now, that is not available.

runnerr

The feature mentioned above, auto-lock out, needs to be implemented as soon as possible. Just bought the radio and I can't use the discovery feature since it locks up on random frequencies which is bursting data once each half second. The bursts are so short that the radio gets stuck there to infinite.
For i.e if a channel has been recorded for more than 30 seconds or have more than 30 hits, it should automatically be avoided.
And why can't we set (-5) so the radio keeps searching if it has been on the same channel for 5 seconds or more?
As it is now, it just continues searching if there has been a full/continuos transmission for 5 seconds, which never happens when there is short data bursts transmitting on a channel.
Are they still developing new firmwares?
Is there anyone we can email?

Ubbe

The function that do not stop on frequencies when they already have been discovered have been broken since 2015 for BCD scanners (but still works in HP-1) together with some other anomalies that started to appear in discovery mode.

/Ubbe

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
My question goes back to a forum chat that is now closed but is related to discovery. SAINT, I believe was having issues when the scanner was finding frequencies or TG's that had already been found. Since discovery only works with systems that have already been programmed by the user, could the system be in SEARCH mode and not SCAN mode hence the scanner is still looking for any frequency or TG? If it is in SCAN mode the scanner doesn't need to discover frequencies or TG's be ause they are already programmed in the system.

It is only a guess since I have not tried it myself, and can't for a few days because I amnout of town. Otherwise I would try it. Just trying to help out.