Ferromex and Ferrosur going digital

muscanga

I bring this discussion from the Railroad/Railfan Monitoring Forum. Thanks to RadioDitch for the info.

Ferromex and Ferrosur Digital Update
I know most of you don't follow Mexican railroads. But for those who do...

I was able to confirm through friends and contacts south of the border that Grupo Mexico has nearly completed the transition to NXDN on Ferromex and Ferrosur. They're still adhering to the federal 12 channel plan, however they're referring to the channels by new numbers when in use digitally (Canal 13 - Canal 25). Once complete, they'll began phasing in strapped AES-256 encryption to help combat the issues with theft. Particularly in the states of Veracruz and Puebla. The Acultzingo region of Veracruz is currently the train robbery capital of the world, with organized crime causing intentional derailments, and not minor ones, for the purposes of theft as recently as Monday.

It is sad to read that criminal bands are making our hobby harder to enjoy. I'll take an ear to the frequencies and confirm the info and see if also KCSM have gone digital on its comms.

BC_Scan

Hola Mario , I was wondering as much i saw a tiktok recently showing a guy climbing a small old red tower adjacent to rail line talking about installing of new repeater , antenna etc on a square box on top of tower , but he just withheld enough info and camera shot to see which repeater etc , it made me think its for the new line pushed through into the Tabasco, Campeche , Yucatan Areas, that your glorious leader was villified for. :unsure:
well you have the scanners for it (436) if you have NXDN key ? , however if its encrypted , por nada