SDS100/SDS200: Firmware V1.23.03 is out

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
As was noted in another thread, Uniden has made the pre-December 2023 version of the firmware available on their website. Scroll to the bottom of the page.

I said that. :)

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
Not exactly, no. There are different firmware files. The hardware is not identical.

But there is nothing to select. Connect the scanner in mass storage mode, run Sentinel, select "upgrade". Sentinel can figure out what kind of scanner is connected.

If you are reacting to my post about the availability of the old firmware, you should stay away from those links.
Ok Thanks, I haven't been hooking up my scanner. Just writing to the sd cards and Sentinel has been giving a drop down box. The drop down gives selections for sds100 or 200. Sure didn't expect so many thumbs down though over a simple question wow LOL! I'll keep close track on the files for sure. Thanks Again!

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
As was noted in another thread, Uniden has made the pre-December 2023 version of the firmware available on their website. Scroll to the bottom of the page.

I said that. :)
Yes you did, but I had to shrink my screen a bit to see it. My page bottom was showing release notes, but it's all cleared up now.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Rolled back the firmware and my RSSI is now steady again. The new firmware will have it locked on a CC with a -50 and then randomly jump up over -100 and scroll CC's and the lock back on the CC. I know others have said they've had similar issues and many have also reported improvements. So YMMV, but for me the older firmware is more stable. Reception was no different between to two.

dstegner

Has anyone who has been having problems with SmartZone systems tried the beta sub update? It did not make any difference for me. Had to roll back again to pre-update.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone who has been having problems with SmartZone systems tried the beta sub update? It did not make any difference for me. Had to roll back again to pre-update.
Might want to post your findings here. They're looking for feedback:

blackbelter

Following few weeks of applying this new FW to my SDS 200 , I noticed the garbled sounds on some of my local P25P2 talk groups . The same talk groups sounds great on my G5 however .

dstegner

Try the new beta release. There is a report in the thread that the garble has been mostly addressed.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Try the new beta release. There is a report in the thread that the garble has been mostly addressed.

The new firmware release addressed the Motorola Type 2 systems, not P25 Phase 2, which was occurring prior to the release. It's much improved, but still needs a tweak to sound as good as P25 Phase 1 talkgroups.