How can you get information out of untrackable systems?

Pr999

WRYF747
Premium Subscriber
How have people been able to get information from unlistenable and untrackable systems like iDEN, OpenSky, and TETRA? I mean like talkgroup, LCN/LSNs, and site info?
I thought you couldn't listen to or track them properly unless you have a radio connected to that specific system.

Some examples:

OpenSky:
Cumberland County Trunking System, Carlisle, Pennsylvania (listed in desc.)

iDEN:

TETRA:

Pr999

WRYF747
Premium Subscriber
TETRA is not "unlistenable and untrackable", unless of course it happens to employ encryption.
Well, it's untrackable, isn't it? I know it's a bit of a thick blanket overall 3 with tetra still being decodable, but I never saw or heard anything about it being trackable.

Ubbe

Well, it's untrackable, isn't it? I know it's a bit of a thick blanket overall 3 with tetra still being decodable, but I never saw or heard anything about it being trackable.
The Tetra Trunk Tracker software from the thewraith2008 works perfect to decode all data and track calls. For encrypted systems it will show the voice channel and what control channel frequency it uses for the TG, but audio are just heard as 1000 birds singing their own song at the same time, but TG and user ID are not displayed as the true ones but seem to stay the same during a whole day, at least for the same site on the public safety system I can monitor.

/Ubbe