BCD160DN/BCD260DN: Is this a new Uniden model? BCD260DN

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
I'm usually not one to be the "first kid on the block" to purchase a new model when it comes out, but decided to get the 260 as looked pretty useful for me as an addition to my 15x for analog scanning. I've had it for a couple weeks and so far for my use it's a winner.
I like the "996 style" display. it has the same color choices to choose from and dimmer levels. The receive led is a neat little touch similar to commercial radios. Would have been nice if it had select-able colors similar the the way the scroll knob led on the 536 and 200.
Although I'm very comfortable with navigating "quick keys" and "number keys" I really like the "bank style" structure to be able to just simply punch in the channel number and jump to the channel I want when somethings going on (especially when I'm dispatching).
"Close-call" is a feature I really never used anyways, I just prefer to search certain ranges and the "service searches" so it won't be missed for me, although for some that seems to be a deal breaker.
I really don't have any DMR/NXDN except some utilities in my area but from what little I've listened it seems to work well on DMR that it's designed for.
It is definitely a radio I could recommend as an upgrade for the older scanner crowd that all they've ever had is a basic bank style scanner, but would love to upgrade to a radio with alpha-tags, ctcss/dcs and be able to still navigate the familiar bank style architecture.
The 160 and 260 weren't designed to replace any radios, but fill a sort of sort of niche market i suppose you could call it... If you need/want a radio that does it all we already have those, and it sort of compliments a gap between the 15x/125 models and the 325/996 models if you will.
View attachment 158877
Ha! Imagine my surprise when I clicked to enlarge this picture and saw St. Robert PD on the screen! Hello neighbor! (y)

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
Anyone that got a new BCD160DN what do you think of it so far?

Ok
Good
Great
Poor
Bad

Dealers should have them in hand this week to sell!

For me not interested in the BCD260DN

blackbelter

Does the BCD160 DN pre programed service lists for the business bands and rail road provide DMR and NXDN coverage?
Thanks

Remon

Does the BCD160 DN pre programed service lists for the business bands and rail road provide DMR and NXDN coverage?
Thanks

FUNC+SVC(8) gives me:

Public Safety
Media
Ham Rradio (yes, typo included)
Marine
Railroad
Air Band
CB Radio
FRS/GMRS/MURS
Racing
FM Broadcast
Military Air
Custom 1
Custom 2
Custom 3

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Zip Scanners is now showing the BCD260DN as in stock:

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
If you look back at my post in this thread. The Digital MODES are compared to the DIGITAL MODES in the DIGITAL SCANNERS.
15x to 996p2 to 536 to sds200 the 260 is a hotter receiver Analog NXDN DMR
125 325p2 436 sds100 the 160 has a hotter receiver Analog NXDN DMR

palmerjrusa

Weren't in stock this morning, 'cause I checked my Amazon cart.

No reason why the warranty would not be valid.