Kansas roll call

nec911

Shawnee County here. With one my jobs at Shawnee County I work on getting some communications stuff done and on the other job I get to drive 30 mins a night where I can listen to all the other counties.

I am thinking of buying a Digital Scanner, I just need to get the time to work on it.

Nelson
KD0CTP

cheney

Cheney Lake , 25 miles west of wichita. litsen to fish and game , sedgwick cty all, police ,fire ems . reno, kingman . anything that i can get with my real old pro 46 hand held

cinsu

SNCO checking in, I work with nec911 up there. Mostly just listen to Shawnee County and KSICS but also monitor Lawrence Trunked, WBSO, and OSCO. And when traveling my BCD996T automatically gets where ever I am at. I have every county in KS and OR most of OK, MO and NB and a few random other places in between programmed in. For those of you in SNCO that are curious, better start saving for that P25 scanner, SNCO/Topeka are going digital as soon as 2012.

shepsvettes

Kansas

I live in Wichita, Monitor mainley Sedgwick county and Reno. County. Just got a pro 106 so I, starting to learn the P25 system.

JRAUDIOKS

Garden city kansas adapting to p25 system

I was listening to pd, so, fire and ems but they just went to p25 digital, i had a bct8 and a bct15 that worked great now its for sale, just bought a bcd996t dont know how to program. Manual is confusing. The state motorola programmer is getting me the freqs but any info is appreciated on operation. Enjoying the forums!

OldRoman

I listen to Wichita and Sedgwick County with a old RS Pro-94 now. I have a BCD396XT on order from ScannerMaster.

Charlie

dhauschild

Premium Subscriber
Wichita, KS. I listen to city and county law enforcement, fire rescue, EMS/hospitals , KHP/KTA on the state system (KSICS), and air ambulance on unicom and on the state system. We listen all night long at work (Hospital), using a BCD396XT. Our local police are on a Motorola trunked system. During tornado weather we include the TV media radios and area storm spotters. I have all surrounding counties programmed and frequently use ARC XT PRO. I have the old HEAR system and the MED channels programmed but due to lack of traffic I keep the locked out. I also monitor 121.5.

GCFDfireradio

Garden City Kansas along with JRAUDIOKS.

This p25 digital stuff is confusing! I keep loosing bids on Ebay for a scanner capable of picking up the radio transmissions, and the local Radio Shack in the mall is absolutely worthless. (once the shelf display model is gone, all they are going to sell is an analog only handheld) They would be happy to ORDER you whatever you want though. And once you get it, good luck with programming or using it. The bozos behind the counter dont even know what kind of batteries the thing takes.

Sorry for ranting and raving, its just a sore subject for some reason!

pete424

Premium Subscriber
I live in Andover which is just east of Wichita. I listen to Wichita Police, Sedgewick County Sheriff. I also monitor all of Butler County law enforcement and KSICS P25 digital. GCFDfireradio you need to make a trip to Derby and go see Mark at the Derby Radio Shack. He will program a Pro106 handheld digital for you. He sold me mine for a hundred off the regular price. He has them in stock and ready to go.

r3llik

McPherson here. I listen to mainly McPherson city and county PD . I would love to connect with other McPherson listeners cause I am sure there are frequencies I am lacking. I also would like to connect with them so we might be able to alert one another when something catches our attention.

Nice to meet ya'll.

DM11

Premium Subscriber
I live at Udall which is in Cowley County. I monitor the local stuff with a focus on RailRoad.

nissanzx1

I live in Topeka and listen to fire/police/ham freqs. I think SNCO will be slow to upgrade to Digital given the current economy. At least, I hope :)

-Grant