Listening with Android phone using Wi-Fi?

sgnlsekr

Premium Subscriber
If the SDS200 is connected to the LAN by ethernet, is there a way I could use my phone to listen with Wi-Fi while outside the house? Without streaming to Broadcastify or similar?

Ubbe

If you just want to listen you can use RadioFeed that Proscan so kindly let us use for free.

Install the program on the PC and go to the WEB tab and set it up. There you will see what ip to use on your LAN and also what internet addres to use if not listening within your own network. Then on your phone you go to that ip number and a colon sign follow by the port number, 5000 are the default one and click on Listen Live.

/Ubbe

Ubbe

If you just want to listen you can use RadioFeed that Proscan so kindly let us use for free.

I should also mention that if you have unlimited dataplan, or only use it within you LAN, you should set the sampling rate to the highest possible. It sends audio in packets and waits until a packet are full and then sends it, which can create a 10 sec delay. You see the text tag of system and TG but the audio are heard 10 sec later. If you fill the packet quicker using more data with a higher sampling rate it will be almost in sync with the text tag presentation. I don't see that the WEB settings in RadioFeed have any option to delay the text tag. It could even be a fixed 10 sec delay as you always first listen to the audio and then a bit later might want to read the text tag and you can then also use the lowest sampling rate.

/Ubbe

sgnlsekr

Premium Subscriber
I should also mention that if you have unlimited dataplan, or only use it within you LAN, you should set the sampling rate to the highest possible.
Good tip! Yes, I will be using it just within the LAN.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I should also mention that if you have unlimited dataplan, or only use it within you LAN, you should set the sampling rate to the highest possible. It sends audio in packets and waits until a packet are full and then sends it, which can create a 10 sec delay. You see the text tag of system and TG but the audio are heard 10 sec later. If you fill the packet quicker using more data with a higher sampling rate it will be almost in sync with the text tag presentation. I don't see that the WEB settings in RadioFeed have any option to delay the text tag. It could even be a fixed 10 sec delay as you always first listen to the audio and then a bit later might want to read the text tag and you can then also use the lowest sampling rate.

/Ubbe
Where are you getting your info? Did you actually do some tests to measure the latency and packet size? Latency should be about 1 second.
I never advise to use the highest Sample Rate. 22050 should be fine.

waits until a packet are full and then sends it
I don't know what you are talking about. You do know that 10 bytes of data(audio) sent out is encapsulated in a TCP packet and is a full packet. Audio is sent out to the internet as soon as it's received from the OS or Ethernet capable scanners. Use Wireshark or another network sniffer and you should see the size varies on each packet.

Last edited: