nocpire

Premium Subscriber
OSU buckeyes football stadium

Picking up 2 medical talk groups for several home games now. Via site 16, tgid 63617 operating in the stadium responding to people passed out. Recommending STAD-MED as the tag, and 63632 being used to coordinate hospital transports. Recommending STAD-TXP for the tag. Any verification? thx

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
772.58125 -- new Wayne Co site ?

Firemantom informed me this morning that the Canton IP site has a new neighbor:

2-061 772.58125

I suspect it is one of the two new Wayne Co sites recently discussed.

I'd be great if there was somebody up in Wayne Co who could check for the presence of a P25 control channel on 772.58125 -- and if present, run a trunking program on it to get all of details (primary / alt cc, voice channels, neighbor list).

I suspect it is probably Marshallville. 2-041 Wooster was never a site neighbor of Canton before, but that is because Massillon was directly between Wooster and Canton and thus Massillon was the cloest site neighbor to the West. If 2-061 is Marshallville, that would make sense because Marshallville is northeast of Canton and likely be a site neighbor of Canton.

At any rate, somebody should check to verify two things:

1. that 2-041 Wooster 774.18125 is still online
2. that 2-061 ?Marshallville? 772.58125 is online

Mike

Thanks

Mike

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber

2-061 772.58125

I'd be great if there was somebody up in Wayne Co who could check for the presence of a P25 control channel on 772.58125 -- and if present, run a trunking program on it to get all of details (primary / alt cc, voice channels, neighbor list).

I suspect it is probably Marshallville. 2-041 Wooster was never a site neighbor of Canton before, but that is because Massillon was directly between Wooster and Canton and thus Massillon was the cloest site neighbor to the West. If 2-061 is Marshallville, that would make sense because Marshallville is northeast of Canton and likely be a site neighbor of Canton.

Mike

Thanks

Mike

With good tropo this morning this is what I discovered off the Canton site......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 880

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

2-061 772.58125

Mike

Although nobody has clarified this, Site 2-061 is likely Marshallville. Of course, information about the site might change over time. Per the-daily-record.com, MARCS brought in a portable tower (ToW / CoW / whatever you want to call it) to prove that the Marshallville site would be an appropriate site. Coverage with the portable tower was much better than expected. MARCS left the portable tower in place to provide coverage until the new permanent tower (groundbreaking was on Oct 1) is completed.

Mike

fyrfyter33

ToW is correct. CoW is Cell on Wheels, i.e. Cellular provider putting up temporary tower for increased coverage & capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
I have 25 new TGID's starting at 53700 and haven't caught any RID's on them.
I'm wondering if they are from Toledo area as I see a few on RR listed as Toledo Edison.
Does anyone have any info on this group.
53763 sounds like it could be a water dept.
Thanks

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm wondering if they are from Toledo area as I see a few on RR listed as Toledo Edison.
Thanks

Only you or other listeners in Toledo area will be able to determine if they are from the Toledo area based upon what you hear on them.

The ones in the DB have been confirmed to be Toledo Edison. In general, it is likely that the 537xx talkgroups are going to be First Energy talkgroups serving various plant locations in Ohio as well as various field operations within their Ohio service territory.

Mike

Nasby

T/G #49509 has been extremly active on the Akron Tower.

All traffic is encrypted. The main radio ID is 8500037.

I am fearful that this is the new Wayne Co. S.O. dispatch T/G as I have not heard much activity on the newly listed T/G in the database listed as Wayne Co. S.O. / small PD dispatch.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks

There's a lot of traffic between 53700 and 53800. This should be First Energy. I can't narrow down channels, but have heard mention of Akron and Fairlawn.

I am fearful that this is the new Wayne Co. S.O. dispatch T/G as I have not heard much activity on the newly listed T/G in the database listed as Wayne Co. S.O. / small PD dispatch.

The entry listed as SO Dispatch is correct. Units mentioned on it are 4xx range, corresponding to the SO unit IDs in the wiki. I've been scanning Akron, Nimisillen, and Cuyahoga for 5 days straight. There is very little traffic on 49520 on the Akron site. I did get some unencrypted traffic on 49509. It is mostly idle chit-chat.

nsrailfan6130

I got a quick comment, Earlier tonight I heard Promedica 1 (Helo) mention on the MPSCS (Michigan 800) system that after they got done talking on the Lucas Co EMS net they would switch back to Heli1? Can someone confirm as to whether or not that is the old PTN Ops channel? Thanks for any info.

Co85

2-061 772.58125

Mike

Thanks

Mike

I can confirm that 2-061 is the Marshallville site. However that is a dirt field right now. The tower has not even been constructed.

Co85

Although nobody has clarified this, Site 2-061 is likely Marshallville. Of course, information about the site might change over time. Per the-daily-record.com, MARCS brought in a portable tower (ToW / CoW / whatever you want to call it) to prove that the Marshallville site would be an appropriate site. Coverage with the portable tower was much better than expected. MARCS left the portable tower in place to provide coverage until the new permanent tower (groundbreaking was on Oct 1) is completed.

Mike

This is not exactly true. The temp tower was brought in and tested at the future Marshallville site. Tested for a day or two and removed. Temp tower brought into Rittman in early October and deployed until the Marshallville site goes live sometime in November or December. Wayne County SO, Wooster and Orrville now operating on MARCS which will increase traffic on Akron tower until Marshallville site lights up.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
This is not exactly true. The temp tower was brought in and tested at the future Marshallville site. Tested for a day or two and removed. Temp tower brought into Rittman in early October and deployed until the Marshallville site goes live sometime in November or December. Wayne County SO, Wooster and Orrville now operating on MARCS which will increase traffic on Akron tower until Marshallville site lights up.

Ok. doesn't change anything here.. What is important is that there is MARCS-IP site online that will be the Marshallville site once the site is built, and that we have it listed in the DB so that people can monitor it if they wish to.

Mike

Matthew

Just an FYI for listeners in southwest Ohio ... I added a radio ID logic page to the MARCS-IP Wiki in order to help with identifying talk groups and what not.

Matthew