• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola XTS 1500 question

Mikesuper26

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Motorola XTS 1500 from an auction. I am able to program the radio with CPS R20. I am trying to add my own ADP key and delete the old keys that are already in the radio, however it is all grayed out. I am unable to add or delete any keys. Does anyone know what is going on here? As you can see from this sceenshot I am able to change the key name and even the key itself.

Thanks!

Untitled.png

Mikesuper26

Premium Subscriber
Well I feel silly. I can simply edit the name, selectable ID and key of one of the present keys with my own information. Since I can't delete this thread, I am curious as to why I can't generate a new key or delete any of these existing ones, if anyone knows.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
For ADP? I thought it was all software based and there was no need for a keyloader. I have ADP on all my APX radios with no keyloader required.
Does it show hardware or software encryption?

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
For ADP? I thought it was all software based and there was no need for a keyloader. I have ADP on all my APX radios with no keyloader required.
You are correct, there is NO NEED for a KVL of any type to load ADP software keys on ASTRO25 radios.

Mikesuper26

Premium Subscriber
You are correct, there is NO NEED for a KVL of any type to load ADP software keys on ASTRO25 radios.
Gotcha, that's what I thought. Thanks. This thread is moot now honestly because I was able to simply repurpose one of the ADP keys that was already present to use my ADP key. The only thing I don't understand is why the CPS won't allow me to remove existing keys or add new ones.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Gotcha, that's what I thought. Thanks. This thread is moot now honestly because I was able to simply repurpose one of the ADP keys that was already present to use my ADP key. The only thing I don't understand is why the CPS won't allow me to remove existing keys or add new ones.
If the keys were populated in the past, that is why. Try this: Pick a random slot, highlight the Key Data (the *****) and start typing random numbers, see if it populates.

Mikesuper26

Premium Subscriber
If the keys were populated in the past, that is why. Try this: Pick a random slot, highlight the Key Data (the *****) and start typing random numbers, see if it populates.
Ah, I see. Yes, it does populate. This is how I was able to get my own key in there.

Very interesting. Thanks for the insight. I am still confused as to why I can't add any new keys though and have to edit older ones.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Very interesting. Thanks for the insight. I am still confused as to why I can't add any new keys though and have to edit older ones.
Just the nature of Mother /\/\ and what they allowed for ADP. You have eight slots and no more, unlike with HW keys. So, if you switch keys around often it's just a matter of changing a key in a slot that's no longer used. You *can* add all the keys you want by editing the existing ones, as long as it's no more than 8 :p

Mikesuper26

Premium Subscriber
Just the nature of Mother /\/\ and what they allowed for ADP. You have eight slots and no more, unlike with HW keys. So, if you switch keys around often it's just a matter of changing a key in a slot that's no longer used. You *can* add all the keys you want by editing the existing ones, as long as it's no more than 8 :p
Lol, understood. Thank you for the explanation!