MotoTRBO Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooligan

Santa finally brought me DMR capability.

I'm new to it, but has anyone figured out who this is?

452.4375 (CC9) "Control, I have two youths going to recreation"
452.750 (CC9) "I have a family here, for visitation"

May be on a commercial SMR provider, but the traffic sounded to be some sort of youth detention center.

br0adband

The thing about the DMR comms nowadays is like in old days where one company owns the license and provides the hardware which is used by other companies so, while the license is listed for one company (like McIntosh) it'll be used by other agencies/companies of various kinds that are leasing the hardware from McIntosh and other license holders. The narrowbanding allowing 2 transmissions at one time effectively doubled the capacity so it's definitely getting put to use here in the Las Vegas area as I get a ton of comms on both slots on most every working DMR-usage frequency these days (still using DSD+ for monitoring DMR comms, that is).

Hooligan

It might be Summit View Youth Correctional Center.

I'd briefly sat outside the joint this past Spring, hoping to get an easy Close-Call hit on their freq(s) with no luck, so it would be nice to get that target crossed off the list, & should be pretty easy to confirm/deny based on context of radio traffic plus monitoring the DMR system inputs from near the facility.

But for now, the only thing that makes me question the possibility is that the facility is back to being state-run, so I'd think it would be on a state-run/licensed radio system. Off & on in the past though, they tried having some non-profit business operate it, and it'd make sense they would have been on commercial business freqs.

McIntosh Comms did help with their old system:
ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WQBW718 - STATE OF NEVADA SUMMIT VIEW YOUTH CORRECTIONAL CENTER

Thanks for the suggestion -- I'll investigate further.

Maximum-security youth facility reopens in Las Vegas | Las Vegas Review-Journal
http://dhhs.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/dh...17/2015-04-16_DCFS_SummitView_Presenation.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.