Need Help with NE Mpls Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Need Help With Northeast Minneapolis Frequencies

For whatever it is worth, if you are unsatisfied with the Uniden Bearcat BCD396T, you might want to consider selling it and moving up to the Home Patrol HP-1. The reason I say that is because it has essentially the entire US and Canada database pre-programmed in to it already. That would allow you to select ARMER, enter your ZIP code, set the range, select the services you want, and be scanning in a matter of minutes. The thing I like about it is that it is dead simple, BUT it also allows for advance feature if that sort of things interests you.

I had both a BCD396XT and a BCD996XT. They are both great scanners, but I found myself not using the 396XT as much as I did a couple of years ago. I sold it, got a good price for it, and bought the HP-1 with some hesitation. It turned out to be a great choice. It works great in the vehicle and I like using the GPS option. While I still enjoy using the BCD996XT at home, I could get by with an HP-1 at home if I had to.

Also, I am not sure if Uniden is still doing firmware updates on the 396T. I think they are on the BCD396XT. Thus, for Minnesota ARMER scanning, the BCD396XT may have an edge over the BCD396T. The nature of the simulcast system can be a challenge for scanners.

alsphotography

Premium Subscriber
Well, thank you for your kindness. It really gets frustrating trying to get what I need. I just hope all of you understand what’s been going on here. God Bless all of you and I’m waiting for the cord now. Allen.

alsphotography

Premium Subscriber
ALARM<ALARM>ALARM: Guess what everyone? My scanners FIXED!!!
Praise the Lord: My unit can store 10,000 frequencies per each system. It scans 100 frequencies every second, how about that? This is a hand held unit. My hero,&#8220; DaveinMinneapolis,&#8220; came over and spent half the night and got it fixed with the new cord I ordered. I didn&#8217;t get no cord or CD in the box. He had to do it with a windows computer that he&#8217;s not in love with. He has Mac at home. But he got it all figured out and made me a CD for my windows unit. NOW I can listen to all that I want. Even he was alarmed at all the stuff I can do with this toy. Now I can sit down and relax to listen to what I paid $600.00 for. My praise goes out to all of you with your help and efforts to help me. You will always be my favorites, Allen.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm glad Dave got you up and running. He certainly has gone the extra mile to be helpful and my respects to him for doing that!

Goes to show the value of of patience and a "Don't give up" attitude.

ALARM<ALARM>ALARM: Guess what everyone? My scanners FIXED!!!
Praise the Lord: My unit can store 10,000 frequencies per each system. It scans 100 frequencies every second, how about that? This is a hand held unit. My hero,“ DaveinMinneapolis,“ came over and spent half the night and got it fixed with the new cord I ordered. I didn’t get no cord or CD in the box. He had to do it with a windows computer that he’s not in love with. He has Mac at home. But he got it all figured out and made me a CD for my windows unit. NOW I can listen to all that I want. Even he was alarmed at all the stuff I can do with this toy. Now I can sit down and relax to listen to what I paid $600.00 for. My praise goes out to all of you with your help and efforts to help me. You will always be my favorites, Allen.

Allen,

I'm glad I was able to help out and get the 2nd precinct coming in for you. It was a pleasure meeting you. I wish I had had more time to fiddle around with it, as I think there is still room for improvement. However, you now have all the tools you need to alter the radio programming as you see fit; it just takes patience and perseverance to figure it all out. And even if you should happen to royally mess things up (which is easy to do), you still have the original files on the CD. In other words, you can ALWAYS get back to what you started with, or what I left you with.

Have fun!!

Dave

JASII

Memory Capacity
Need Help With NE Mpls Frequencies

Dave,

Just so others can benefit from your experience, what was the problem with the scanner and what did you have to do to fix it?

Jim

alsphotography

Premium Subscriber
I didn&#8217;t know how to set up the trunk system. I could only put my own frequencies in it. No cd or cord came with the unit. I didn&#8217;t know for sure if I could only use windows to program it. When I bought it I told them is was for a Mac so I&#8217;m guessing they took the cord and the CD out of the box. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.