• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-5000 Series, Q&A, Info, and details

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
These are list price off of the 5700 5800 5900 dealer sheet

KCH-19M Basic Control Panel $180.00

KCH-20RM Full Featured Remote Control PanelNote: - microSD License (KWD-5002SD) and Bluetooth SPP License (KWD-5003BT) are NOT required for both KCH-20RM and connected RF Decks.KCH-20RM and connected RF Decks can be used of microSD and Bluetooth SPP with NO License Activation.- Remote configuration only. No Internal Speaker included. KES-5/3 is required. $600.00

KCH-21RM Hand Held Control Head for Long Cable *Requires KCT-77M2 (17 ft.)Note:- Bluetooth SPP License (KWD-5003BT) is NOT required for both KCH-21RM and connected RF Decks.KCH-21RM has built-in Bluetooth SPP license that will also activate the connected RF Decks. $995.00

KCH-21RM-S Hand Held Control Head with Short Cable (4 ft.)Note:- Bluetooth SPP License (KWD-5003BT) is NOT required for both KCH-21RM and connected RF Decks.KCH-21RM has built-in Bluetooth SPP license that will also activate the connected RF Decks. $995.00

KRK-14HM Control Head Interface Kit for KCH-19M $159.00

KRK-15BM Control Head Remote Kit for a RF Deck $50.00

KCT-71M2 Remote Control Cable (17 feet) $70.00

KCT-71M3 Remote Control Cable (25 feet) $80.00

KCT-71M4 Remote Control Cable (1.6 feet) $45.00

KCT-77M2 Remote Control Cable for KCH-21RM (17 feet) $183.30

KCT-23M DC Cable (35-50W Dash mount; pos/neg. 10 ft. leads) $31.50

KCT-23M3 DC Cable (35-50W Remote mount; pos.23 ft.; neg. 3.3. ft. leads) $34.75

W2MB

5800K2 Firmware v2.52

Today I updated my NX5800K2 from v2.51 to v2.52 . I've been told that there were some fixes to DMR operation. Does anyone know what the change log or fixes were?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Still not gotten a word from kenwood. But that's what's been said.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

W2MB

DMR End of Transmission Tone

Is there a configuration setting in KPG-D1 that enables a DMR end of transmission tone on the receiver similar to that of Motorola's? I am trying to describe the tone that one hears when on a MotoTrbo radio when the other radio releases their PTT.

I have found a setting to enable what I'll call a "roger beep" on the transmitter but that's not what I'm interested in.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
There is, but it is annoying.
In the tones section the end of reception tone maybe turned off. I'm not I front of my laptop to name it. But hit F1 and you will be able to search the help files for it. It's not talk proceed, and definitely not the ptt eot.

You just want to hear the drop of signal, not send it.

W2MB

Can't find it

There is, but it is annoying.
In the tones section the end of reception tone maybe turned off. I'm not I front of my laptop to name it. But hit F1 and you will be able to search the help files for it. It's not talk proceed, and definitely not the ptt eot.

You just want to hear the drop of signal, not send it.

I can't find it.

It seems that the "carrier drop" tone feature that was previously present no longer sounds after the last firmware update.

Mark, W2MB

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Go into your Personality (the one for DMR), and look there.
That's where I had to look last time, I think.

(spooling up my laptop now)

EFM

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Okay, under DMR tab
DMR INFORMATION
Conventional

GROUP CALL is 4
BROADCAST GROUP CALL is 4

by the way, you can customize your POWER ON tone too in the Special Tone Menu!
(up to 16 tones if you REALLY WANT TO BE ANNOYING)

Wackodrumr

I've changed my power on tone to the tune of "CHARGE!" Gives me that extra boost of energy when I fire up the radio now.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Can someone post up a video or audio file of the tone it makes on DMR when keying up and when someone unkeys. I would like to see how annoying this feature really is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Can someone post up a video or audio file of the tone it makes on DMR when keying up and when someone unkeys. I would like to see how annoying this feature really is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just had one posted to my FB group

W2MB

Re: Can't find it

Okay, under DMR tab
DMR INFORMATION
Conventional

GROUP CALL is 4
BROADCAST GROUP CALL is 4

That is how I am configured. I no longer hear what I'll call "that annoying carrier drop tone" since I upgraded the firmware from 2.51 to 2.52.

I'm wondering if it was a non-configurable feature that was removed with the update. All I was told is that if I used DMR that I would want to apply the update.

I'll try to get some info tomorrow.

Mark, W2MB

W2MB

I'm wondering if it was a non-configurable feature that was removed with the update. All I was told is that if I used DMR that I would want to apply the update.

I'll try to get some info tomorrow.

Mark, W2MB

My source did not have detail readily available to that level. Best that we can figure is that there was a change made between 2.51 and 2.52 that addressed a busy channel lockout issue with DMR that MAY have caused the drop tone to be removed.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Evans (and everyone else), I apologize if this has been asked before (possibly even by me). But is there a way in KPG-D1 to paste or otherwise import data like individual radio IDs?

I have a whole bunch of IDs I want to put in my radios, but the prospect of having to type them into the software by hand rather than C&P them from Excel or even import from CSV is putting me off the task.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I've copied our state DMR IDs over. Copy the cells you have on your KPG-D1 and paste it over to Excel. It will put a header on top of the contact information.

I made changes, copied all cells and went back to the ID table and clicked on the edge and pasted. Just make sure to select the row with the header information as well.

Below is the headers it put on the excel spreadsheet.

Attachments

• nx.jpg
    nx.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 257

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Here ya' go, 110w RF deck. This is actually for the Kenwood VM series, but basically the NX-5000 with different software:

vzNesQ1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.