NYPD going encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
New radio and t band give back

Two question one is what new model radios they ordered. last why order new radios with the uhf t band give back

With multi band radios now days one can order in a government contract multi band flashcodes, options to migrate to whatever. If you pay enough motorola will do whatever you want, and it isn't your mom and pop city of 70 thousand either. You're talking $$$ with NYPD and motorola.

mm11xxx

I don’t know why they dident get the APX radio with fdny. They could have gotten one big deal with the order lol

Danny37

I don’t know why they dident get the APX radio with fdny. They could have gotten one big deal with the order lol

Getting a multi band APX is kinda overkill for what they need so why spend more money for features that won't be used or needed. All their primary frequencies are in the UHF high band. Unlike FD that utilizes a trunking system on both UHF & 800Mhz and VHF in certain situations.

4-crime

There is no confirmation on what will be P25 and what will not be. Nor is there confirmation on what will be encrypted and what won’t.

Danny37

There is no confirmation on what will be P25 and what will not be. Nor is there confirmation on what will be encrypted and what won’t.

You're right that 49 was pretty vague, but it looks like it's coming. Not soon, but seeing that PAPD just went dark. I think it's coming in the foreseeable future. I don't like it, but what can we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.