Ohio State Fair 2023

16b

Premium Subscriber
OSP is once again using one of the sites-on-wheels for the state fair this year, but unlike last year it is the 649 system this time. It was opening day and a light crowd, so the system was very quiet. I did catch activity on XSCOMM17, which sounded like the main air, and XSCOMM22, which sounded like parking.

It was reported last year that the expo center upgraded their LTR system to a MotoTRBO system several years ago. This year I once again observed fair staff using Motorola XPR radios, but I did not bring a DMR capable receiver with me to monitor. If anyone is in range of the fairgrounds, fair week would be a pretty good time to map out the channels and talkgroups on this system.

rcid1971

Premium Subscriber
OSP always used to use FAIRGND and FAIRPARK on the old Type II system. Wondering if those TGs were duplicated on the IP system. I see FAIRGND at 51772 on the IP system. Doesn’t seem like there’s a parking channel on IP.

Maybe it’s just easier to use the mutual aid channels you posted now that Columbus PD is on the same system.

Clearly haven’t been near the fair in 20 years 😂