• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Radtel RT-600 Air/weather locked

NevadaJz

I am trying to use my Windows computer using a Baofeng cable to program my Radtel RT-600 air/weather. The software is blocked just when it tries to connect to the radio.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Is there a way to do a factory reset?

I ran this by Radtel Tech and returned the comment that it should work. I sent them photos and videos on the connection procedure. They didn't see anything wrong. I even sent photos of the software download from their site.

I am able to program my Baofeng using CHIRP without problem.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to use my Windows computer using a Baofeng cable to program my Radtel RT-600 air/weather. The software is blocked just when it tries to connect to the radio.

Sounds like a programming cable or driver issue, maybe wrong chip in cable for your radio. This could explain why your Baofeng cable works using Chirp but not the other programming software.

NevadaJz

I included the photo in the group I sent to Radtel. There was no comment about the Baofeng cable.

Any suggestions on a cable that may work?

KC7ECO

One thing about programming RT-600 is you must turn on audio volunme knob before plugging in the cable.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
I have been screwing with this radio for four days, sent radtel and i-Talkie numerous emails and have got no help from them. I even purchased the radtel cable and could not get this radio to connect.

Today I installed the CH341 USB driver from radtel's website and reverted back to to baofeng cable. Nothing was working until I pressed hard on the cable producing a "Click" sound, upon that the radio and software found each other and I was able to Write to the radio. The radtel cable seems too loose and the baofeng cable had to be pressed hard to get a connection.

On a side note, UHF Aviation frequencies won't program as AM even with AM selected in the software.

Hope this helps.

2006walt

Premium Subscriber
I am ordering the new Radtel RT-730 (not sure who actually makes it). Have a few software questions,
Radtel software works on Windows11?
How open the .RAR file? What is the best app to unzip?
What is the procedure to read/write? I assume turn on radio, turn up volume, plug in cable, read/write. Sound about, right?
Thanks

Davido57

I’m glad I read this. Got my RT-600 today, Chirp apparently not compatible
Downloaded RT Systems software, wouldn’t load.
I downloaded the cable driver from Radtel, then updated by Windows ‘recommended’ driver
The Radtel cable is too loose, but a Baofeng UV-5R cable worked once I pushed it in firmly and felt it seated and the software worked, local freq.’s loaded right away

But I already ordered the RT Systems cable so now I have 5 or so

Worked for me and I think it was already ‘On’ when i plugged the cable in also